Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Music!

Hey ladies! FI and I are trying to decide on music for the reception and since it was on my mind, I thought it might be a fun post for everyone to share!! List your music, if you have it picked out yet, for the events below! FI and I aren't doing an anniversary dance or money dance, but if you are just add yours to the list :)

Bridal Party Intros:
First Dance:
Cake Cutting:
Mother/Son:
Father/Daughter:
Garter & Bouquet Toss:
Last Dance:
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Music!

• Bridal Party Intros: “Say Hey” Michael Franti
    First Dance: "At Last" Etta James
    Cake Cutting: “Better Together” - Jack Johnson
    Mother/Son: "Yours for Life" - Bread (I think it's kinda weird for Mother/Son, but whatever that's what FI's mom picked Lol)
    Father/Daughter: "Father & Daughter" Paul Simon (originally for the Wild Thornberry's movie)
    Garter & Bouquet Toss:  
       Garter Removal: “Legs” ZZ Top
       Bouquet Toss: “Single Ladies” Beyoncé
       Garter Toss: “Bad Boys” Inner Circle
       Garter Placement: “Hot in Herre” Nelly
    Last Dance: “We Go Together” Grease
  • I love At Last!! Such a romantic first dance song :)  Here are ours so far, but we've debated on the first dance so we're not totally sure. Ive heard a lot of Pittsburghers use Renegade and the Penguins theme for their intros but we're not sold on that despite being huge fans!

Bridal Party Intros: DJ is going to mix us a combo of "Feel so Close" by Calvin Harris and "Howlin for you" by the Black Keys (also thought about throwing Push it by Salt N Pepa in there.. haha!)
    First Dance: "Bring it on home to me" by Marc Broussard (were sold on this til we read the lyrics and its slightly odd), backup options are "Kiss me" by Ed Sheeran and "I Won't Let You Go" by James Morrison
    Cake Cutting: "Sugar, Sugar" by the Archies
    Mother/Son: Undecided
    Father/Daughter: Somewhere over the Rainbow- Israel K
    Garter & Bouquet Toss: we think... "Where them Girls at" by Flo Rida, etc. for bouquet and "You shook me all night long" by ACDC for garter.. we're not having the guy who caught the garter put it on the girl who got the bouquet
    Last Dance: "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bridal Party Intros: Parents- Mony Mony
                                  Bridesmaids/groomsman- unsure still thinking
                                  Mr. and Mrs.- All I do is Win or I look Good (still deciding)

Cake Cutting: You & Me by Dave Matthews Band

First Dance: My Best Friend by Tim McGraw

Father Daughter Dance: I Loved Her First by Heartland until 1:38 then Everybody by Backstreet Boys start at 3:40

Mother Son Dance:  My Wish by Rascal Flatts

Garter:  Ride it my Pony by Genuwine

Garter Placement: Big Pimpin by Jay Z

Bouquet Toss: Run the World (Girls) by Beyonce

Money Dance: Pittsburgh Polka, Bridal Dance Polka

Last song: Time to take my drunk ass home

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards