Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Groom Fashion

Hi ladies! This probably is not a post that necessitates a 'local' board, but I trust your judgement... here is the scene...

My groom ('Skin') considers himself to be very fashionable (read: picky) when it comes to his clothing. He favors dark, masculine tones (read: only wears black). He is tall and ruggedly handsome. (I see Channing Tatum, but that may just be 'The Vow' talking). Anyways, we are having a pretty formal wedding this May. I am not listing black tie on the invites, but it is in a ballroom, in the evening, and the girls are wearing long, black gowns.

We selected some nice formal tuxes for the groomsmen, black with satin lapels. They will be wearing black vests and champagne ties, over ivory shirts. Mr. Skin is going to be having his day-of outfit custom made, in all black. However, he is wanting a three-piece suit, rather than a tux. This makes sense, because how often in life do you have an opportunity to wear a tux? However, I am worried that the formality will be off- will it be noticable that the groom is in an all black (shirt, tie, vest) 3 piece suit, while the groomsmen are in tuxes? Or will it give him the individuality he is looking for? Does anyone have any photo examples of places they have seen this? ( I am picturing this all wrong in my head, I think...)
I really appreciate the honest advice!

Re: Groom Fashion

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards