Favors

Olive oil favor

My fianc and I love to cook! We are both Italian and we decided to make our own olive oil. We have the oil and the bottles. Now I'm trying to make the labels. I'm having a hard time with wording. I want to incorporate the fact that we live to cook and we want to share that with our guests. Please help!!

Re: Olive oil favor

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to Olive oil favor:
    [QUOTE]My fianc and I love to cook! We are both Italian and we decided to make our own olive oil. We have the oil and the bottles. Now I'm trying to make the labels. I'm having a hard time with wording. I want to incorporate the fact that we live to cook and we want to share that with our guests. Please help!!
    Posted by jennifer0387[/QUOTE]

You don't need to have a cutesy phrase. I'd assume your guests are your nearest and dearest. They know you and FI are Italian and like cooking. Put a tag on it explaining how the oil was made by you and FI and what's in it.

"FI and Jennifer make homemade olive oil from (insert whatever type here) olives. There are over (x amount) of olives used for just this bottle! We also infuse it with cloves of California garlic (or whatever). Use this oil for grilling or sauteeing. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do."

FWIW, I'm always leery about homemade edible favors. (I had a near-death food poisoning episode, so I always get on my soapbox about food safety). In the case of homemade oil, if you don't heat it to proper temperature and seal/store it appropriately, things can go bad fast. Consider all the steps you took before distributing to a large amount of people.
  • In Response to Re: Olive oil favor:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Olive oil favor : You don't need to have a cutesy phrase. I'd assume your guests are your nearest and dearest. They know you and FI are Italian and like cooking. Put a tag on it explaining how the oil was made by you and FI and what's in it. "FI and Jennifer make homemade olive oil from (insert whatever type here) olives. There are over (x amount) of olives used for just this bottle! We also infuse it with cloves of California garlic (or whatever). Use this oil for grilling or sauteeing. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do." FWIW, I'm always leery about homemade edible favors. (I had a near-death food poisoning episode, so I always get on my soapbox about food safety). In the case of homemade oil, if you don't heat it to proper temperature and seal/store it appropriately, things can go bad fast. Consider all the steps you took before distributing to a large amount of people.
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE]

I think this is a cute favor idea, but I agree with itzMS. I probably would leave it behind.
  • I agree that you don't need a cute slogan on the label.  I would love the favor though and wouldn't be worried about food safety from one of my friends.  I also don't have any food allergies though so this is not as concerning to me as it probably is to others with allergies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards