Registry and Gift Forum
Options

How do I notify guests where we are registered?

I have included our registry information with the bridal shower invitations, but not all those invited to the wedding were invited to the shower.  How do I notify those that have not received a registry as to where we are registered?  
A lot of people are not familiar with the online world, as they are older, and I have not set up a wedding website to this point.  Is it tacky if I include a registry card with the response card when I send out the invitations? 
More so, is it tacky if I include one in all of the invitations, as I am concerned that some people will either forget or misplace the ones that have already sent out?

Advice please-sending them soon!

Re: How do I notify guests where we are registered?

• Options
    Yes it's tacky.  People will do one of three things - 1) google you (even the older generation has heard of this) or 2) ask your parents/family members where you are registered or 3) check at the obvious stores (BBB, Macy's, etc).

Even our really old folks figured it out - and guess what?  They all shipped us something off the internet.  Or else they gave cash.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes it is VERY tacky to have any registry information on your invitations. You will look gift grabby. Dont do it. Use word of mouth. If someone wants to buy you something off your registry, they will ask where you are registered.

Also, those little inserts that BBB and Crate and Barrel give you to slip into the envelope of your invites are equally as tacky as printing the information on the invite.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It may be different in your area, but in the place I've lived (NJ, western NY, Columbus OH0, it is pretty uncommon for many people to bring an actual gift to the wedding. Usually people bring money. 

If people would like to bring a gift, they can Google you, search registries through TheKnot (I knew you could do this even before engaged), or ask you or a family member.
  • Options
    I decided to google myself out of curiosity, and there's several people who have the same name as me! LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to How do I notify guests where we are registered?:
    [QUOTE]I have included our registry information with the bridal shower invitations, but not all those invited to the wedding were invited to the shower.  How do I notify those that have not received a registry as to where we are registered?   A lot of people are not familiar with the online world, as they are older, and I have not set up a wedding website to this point.  Is it tacky if I include a registry card with the response card when I send out the invitations?  More so, is it tacky if I include one in all of the invitations, as I am concerned that some people will either forget or misplace the ones that have already sent out? Advice please-sending them soon!
    Posted by pinkvision[/QUOTE]

You do not notify anyone.  If they want to know, they will ask.  It is incredibly rude (tacky is not the word) to mention gifts to yourself unless asked.

You should not have included anything in the bridal shower invitation.  That decision should have been up to your shower host.  You should have had nothing to do with shower planning or invitations.  
  • Options
    In Response to Re: How do I notify guests where we are registered?:
    [QUOTE]I decided to google myself out of curiosity, and there's several people who have the same name as me! LOL
    Posted by AllieBear725[/QUOTE]

Haha..My friend searched my registry at Crate and Barrel and said "Does Brian know your marrying this other guy too?" There is also somebody registered at Target with my same name and same state.  Jennifer problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards