Second Weddings
Options

What do we do with my (bride) daughter after the ceremony?

So I know at the ceremony and vows and all the tears and loving moment to me and my FI day which will include my daughter ( 5 years old day of wedding) I have no worries about. But what do you do with my little one after the wedding? After the cake cutting and when your dancing and having a good time. I feel like I will be chasing my little one around and making sure she eats and ect... My daughter is very close to my ex mother and I would feel the best that she at some point in the night go with her then my own mom. So my question is do I get my Ex's mom a room at the place that I will be at? And arrange the travel to the hotel and all? Since I plan to have my wedding about 3 hours away from her own home? Just wanting to hear some idea you know others or your self have done.

Re: What do we do with my (bride) daughter after the ceremony?

• Options
    My family has already said they will tend to my kids at the wedding reception. My parents will get the kids dressed and to the ceremony (3 kids) and during the reception and will keep them in wedding night, Is ex mil coming to the wedding?? If not then you may want to consider someone else.
  • Options
    vexievexie member
    First Comment
    My sisters helped get  our girls (3 and 5)  ready that morning and to the ceremony on time, then my sister-in-law took over for the dinner/reception.  We asked the girls who they'd be comfortable with and explained why we wouldn't be able to take care of them that day.  We talked about it so much ahead of time that on the day of there weren't any issues at all :)
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • Options
    My sister and one of my daughters favorites cousins have already stepped up to say that they will entertain the girls during the reception (5yr old twins). For me, I wamt them to be part of the Pre-wedding time with me. I agree, if your ex MIL wasn't invited to the wedding, can you find someone else to watch her during the festivities? Good luck. =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards