Wedding Woes

Today's silly question

Is there such a thing as a good broom?  Our kitchen is blonde hardwood that shows every last bit of dust.  I swear I can sweep 5 times a day and still have dust.  I don't like to use the microfiber pads every day for some stupid reason (maybe the laundry?)

Re: Today's silly question

• fmbyofmbyo member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    Put down saran wrap and pull it up once a week. YWIA!!
  • I use a broom for the initial sweep up and then run a swiffer over the floors to make sure I got everything.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I broom sweep every day and microfiber every week. I'm not a Swiffer fan.

• Then I am no help :D
  • GBCKGBCK member
    I think angled ones are a little better, but the difference is between 'meh' and 'horrid'
  • I use my vacuum. Everything is picked up that way
  • Don't you have three little dust rugs crawling around?  How does the dust have time to accumulate?  Maybe your children need more static charge.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Today's silly question:
    [QUOTE]Don't you have three little dust rugs crawling around?  How does the dust have time to accumulate?  Maybe your children need more static charge.
    Posted by zsazsa-stl[/QUOTE]

Cats have static cling, just roll a bunch of cats around.  But then you have to worry about cat hair, and need a special broom for that . . . the problem will escalate! 

I personally vacumn and then sweep in between with a regular broom, but I do notice that hardwood seems to breed dust.  It's infuriating. 

• 6fsn6fsn member
    My kids try to catch the dust when it's in the air.  goobers.

Worse on the hardwoods is that the living room is down a step so I sit on the floor playing and I can see under everything and straight into the dining room.  I bought one so we'll see.

I also snagged a few things for DH's bday- a salad dressing to go squeezey thing and cutting boards.  Yep, I go all out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards