North Carolina-Outer Banks

Mani/Pedi suggestions

Hello,

This is my first time posting here :) I am leaving in a few weeks for my wedding in Kill Devil Hills!  I want to treat my bridal party to a mani/pedi and was looking for some recommendations.  I contacted Hairoics.  There regular pedi is 47 dollars and the spa ped. is 60, which is a little more than I was expecting.  The mani is 20 which is definitely very reasonable.  I don't mind paying that much since it is an occasion but I want to make sure it is a good experience and therefore worth the $.  Anyone have anything to say about Hairoics?  Or a rec. for another place.  I do want somewhere with a nice atmosphere and a little nicer than your average strip mall salon.  Also want somewhere you can bring in champagne, very important :)

Re: Mani/Pedi suggestions

• Hello and Welcome!! Several of used Klassy Nails in KDH, on the Bypass near MP 4.5, and were very happy....myself included! Their prices were good, but definitely make an appt ahead of time as they are always busy.

• jendem8jendem8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We used Klassy Nails, and I was very pleased with their work.  A nail person up where I live commented on how good my nails still looked weeks later (after soaking in the water for a week during our honeymoon too!).
    image June 22, 2012
  • I also used Klassy Nails, and was very disappointed in the quality. I had acrylics put on, which I have had done in the past on several occasions, and the quality was horrible, within 2 weeks I was pulling the nails off because they had chipped and moved so far away from my nail bed, I was normally able to go at least 3 weeks with my acrylics in the past. Plus it left some sort of residue on my nails which took several months to go away.

My only positive was how quickly they got through our group. I had also called to make an appointment, so I was very disappointed when they took walk ins over finishing up my bridal party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • seashells12seashells12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2013
    My daughter used Aqua Spa in Duck (June 2012). The girls were all very happy with their service. The mani/pedi area overlooks the sound.  If you look at their website, my daughter and her bridal party are in one of the pictures! A photograph was there on the day of their appointment doing a photo shoot for the spa. My daughter, the bride, is on the far right end in the photo (light blue top).
     As a mom I was very pleased with Aqua Spa because they were willing to put a picture on their website that included my other daughter who has special needs (in the white top)! The nail techs did a great job working with my daughter who has special needs! I also had a pedicure and it lasted for weeks!
    The bride was the only one who did a mani and pedi. Everyone else did pedicures.

http://spasouterbanks.com/

The bride is getting a manicure.

This photo is by the photographer that was at Aqua Spa the day of their pedi/mani appointment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards