Outdoor Weddings
Options

Need Help with venue!!

Hello fellow brides!
I first want to start off saying I'm ready to pull my hair out!!!!!!!
my fiance and I live in Lancaster county Pa. His family origionates out of Philadelphia. We are looking for something in between the two or something that is cheaper. We have been having money issues with this whole wedding thing and had to put it on hold for over a year. My fiance is leaving for a few months for military training and when he returns home we would love to get married. We have a low budget (our family is providing food. A little bit of a pot luck) but would love to have something semi nice (not just like getting married in the back yard!) Ok enough of the rambling. I'm looking for something like a park with beautiful views. Our wedding date is October 26 of this year. The fall is beautiful, but like a park I don't want to have to rent chairs. So looking for something outside without the need to rent chairs, that also has an inside venue in case of rain. It doesn't matter where it is at this point as long as its less than 2 hours from lancaster and philadelphia. OH and I'm looking at 50 to 80 guests. Some one please help me! I'm going insane!

sincerely,
exhausted frustrated
bride-to-be

Re: Need Help with venue!!

• Options
    In Response to Need Help with venue!!:
    [QUOTE]Hello fellow brides! I first want to start off saying I'm ready to pull my hair out!!!!!!! my fiance and I live in Lancaster county Pa. His family origionates out of Philadelphia. We are looking for something in between the two or something that is cheaper. We have been having money issues with this whole wedding thing and had to put it on hold for over a year. My fiance is leaving for a few months for military training and when he returns home we would love to get married. We have a low budget (our family is providing food. A little bit of a pot luck) but would love to have something semi nice (not just like getting married in the back yard!) Ok enough of the rambling. I'm looking for something like a park with beautiful views. Our wedding date is October 26 of this year. The fall is beautiful, but like a park I don't want to have to rent chairs. So looking for something outside without the need to rent chairs, that also has an inside venue in case of rain. It doesn't matter where it is at this point as long as its less than 2 hours from lancaster and philadelphia. OH and I'm looking at 50 to 80 guests. Some one please help me! I'm going insane! sincerely, exhausted frustrated bride-to-be
    Posted by kkauffman92[/QUOTE]

You'll get better answers for specific venues from your local board, to the left.

Potluck weddings (where guests are asked to bring a dish) are against ettiquite. Family catered weddings are acceptable if family members offer; just make sure you have considered all the logistics asssociated with that (set up, temperature regulation, etc.).

What do you mean you don't want to rent chairs? I hope you mean you are looking for a venue with seating included, which most parks won't have. If they do, they'll charge something like $1.00/chair to set them up.

Will October in PA be warm enough to have an outdoor wedding? It could end up costing a small fortune if you have to rent tent/heaters at the last minute.

Hope this helps!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to Need Help with venue!!:
    [QUOTE]Hello fellow brides! I first want to start off saying I'm ready to pull my hair out!!!!!!! my fiance and I live in Lancaster county Pa. His family origionates out of Philadelphia. We are looking for something in between the two or something that is cheaper. We have been having money issues with this whole wedding thing and had to put it on hold for over a year. My fiance is leaving for a few months for military training and when he returns home we would love to get married. We have a low budget (our family is providing food. A little bit of a pot luck) but would love to have something semi nice (not just like getting married in the back yard!) Ok enough of the rambling. I'm looking for something like a park with beautiful views. Our wedding date is October 26 of this year. The fall is beautiful, but like a park I don't want to have to rent chairs. So looking for something outside without the need to rent chairs, that also has an inside venue in case of rain. It doesn't matter where it is at this point as long as its less than 2 hours from lancaster and philadelphia. OH and I'm looking at 50 to 80 guests. Some one please help me! I'm going insane! sincerely, exhausted frustrated bride-to-be
    Posted by kkauffman92[/QUOTE]

Pot luck is rude.  You are HOSTING people, they shouldn't bring food.  Host what you can afford.   If you can't afford a full meal, have your wedding at a non-meal time and serve cake and punch after the ceremony.

Every butt needs a seat.  People should not be standing at your ceremony, no matter how short it is.  Don't rude to your guests and make them stand.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards