Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Approved Cater Woes

I have narrowed down my venue pick to locations.
However, both have "approved" or "preffered" caterers.
Am I the only one that finds this a bit ridiculous? Embassy Club, although I'm sure worth the pretty penny that it costs is worth it, I just don't have in my budget.Gateway is more middle of the road, but still expensive and then you have Hy Vee, God love them, but you definatly get what if not less than what you pay for, I'm just not impressed. 
One location has the approved caterers but willing to work with me on bringing in outside catering, but will upcharge my rental fees 20%...*my wallet cringes* and the other just can't work with me at all. I can only use who they have approved, and that is all.

Re: Approved Cater Woes

• Options
    sdose13sdose13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We used Gateway Market, and there are ways to make them work with your budget. We worked with Kelly Crosby and I highly recommend her -- she will do what she can to work with you, and that night it was almost like having a wedding coordinator there. She was awesome.
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Approved Cater Woes:
    [QUOTE]We used Gateway Market, and there are ways to make them work with your budget. We worked with Kelly Crosby and I highly recommend her -- she will do what she can to work with you, and that night it was almost like having a wedding coordinator there. She was awesome.
    Posted by sdose13[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the reassurance. I have been communicating with her and have a meeting set.

• Options
    this would be why i chose the windsor heights community and events center... because i wanted my own choice of catering
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards