Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Once you book the date...

So the FI and I have finally found a venue and have the date on hold until next Saturday (the 3rd).  I'm very excited about it and can't wait to go down there and sign the contract and go over the details.  That's my question(s): what should I be expecting when signing the contract.  The woman who handles weddings didn't really elaborate.  All she said was, "We will go over the payment plan and fine tune you wedding day."  Is the an appointment that last 30 minutes or hours.  I'm sure everyone's contract signing experience is different, but I'm just hoping for maybe a little heads up on what could happen I guess.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Once you book the date...

• Options
    We actually faxed our contract to them since we live in Northern VA, but we recently went in to go over all of the details and it took about an hour. So not too bad!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image174 Invited! image 95 Accept image 60 Decline
    image 19 Yet to Respond RSVP Date: May 1, 2012
  • Options
    The first time I went to look at our venue I had my mom and sister. She showed us around the ballroom and talked about our options. I had plenty of questions since my future sister in law got me an amazing planning binder for our wedding that had tons of questions I should ask. She then sat down with us and went over the cost of renting the room, the alcohol packages, and the catering. The hall we are using works with a caterer so she could not answer all my questions, but I e-mailed the caterer and she was able to repsond right awy. We scheduled an appointment again a few days later to go with my father to look over contract. Since we already had our questions answered the contract was pretty much what she told us our options were. I think it took us about 1/2 hour. Plus we were looking at getting ideas for our centerpieces, cookie table, guest table.. etc. Good Luck. Where is your reception taking place?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just a small update, turned out the person we have been talking to (and visiting) at this venue was not the wedding coordinator or even close to a person who had the right information.  All the information that has been given to us over a month has been wrong. 

It wouldn't have been so bad and we would have stuck with it, but after meeting with the "official" lady in charge, she yelled at (YES, yelled at me like I was 5) for going over the info that I had with her. 

She was pretty ticked off with the questions and then just went off on me telling me I had all the wrong info.  Honestly, I am now so put off that we are looking for a new venue. 

B/c this woman was so terrible (and instead of taking it up with her coworker that gave me the wrong info) I will be more than happy to let anyone know who to stay clear of if they are looking for a venue. 

Now, back to the venue search :o(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards