Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Cake Check!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I'm not happy about being back at work today. We had a sewage back up in our basement this weekend-disgusting! But it is fixed now, and we made some wedding progress!

We ordered/picked out our cake this weekend! It was probably the easiest appointment of all the vendors so far. Here is a pic of the inspiration for the cake, so it will look similar, only with some kind of red flower at the top instead of white. And it will be burnt almond torte from Prantl's! Delish!

Re: Cake Check!

• edited December 2011
    that cake is really beautiful! Prantl's pretty reasonable? i have to cake shop yet?
    There are millions of people in the world, but in the end, it all comes down to one.... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!! I think they are pretty reasonable, although, I must admit that I really didn't look elsewhere because I was fairly certain I wanted to go to Prantl's. But our cake is going to be about $3/serving. We are doing a cake that serves 125 and then a sheet cake that will serve about 60. The next size up was a cake that served 275, which we did not need, so we opted for the sheet cake instead.

After doing a little research online, I found that a lot of wedding cakes can run between $5-7/serving, so I feel great about the pricing. Plus, they said they don't upcharge for much of anything unless you go a little crazy with the design.

I believe we worked with a girl named Lauren E. at the Shadyside location. She was so helpful. We really liked her!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards