February 2014 Weddings

Accountability Update!

I've been bad for the last two weeks and have only worked out a handful of times, however I will make myself feel better by saying that moving was a good workout, walking around in heels for 13+hrs for 3 days in heels  and walking a huge dog everyday will make up for all of it.

Great NEWS!!!! took my measurements on Wed and have lost 7 inches off of my body since Feb 9,2013.  1 1/2in off each leg, 1 1/2 off hips, 1in off stomach and 1 1/2 off chest.  I've been telling everyone since I'm super excited and more motivated than ever to get all this extra weight off.

Re: Accountability Update!

• Yay!!! Congratulations!!!!!

I was pretty sick a couple weeks back so I'm just vamping back up but I'm having a lot of joint issues right now so we will see.

Next weekend I'm doing a half and a 5k :/

DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Wow, do you wrap your knees or anything for the races?  I have really bad knees so I usually don't do go over 3 miles and more often than not only 2.5m

• dewingedpixiedewingedpixie member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2013

I actually do something a little nastier I slather them with a gel called voltaren. Its prescriptive about 200 a tube without insurance. I also take a daily nsaid known as Mobic again prescriptive, and some other daily meds plus a weekly oral low dose chemo. My fiancé and I are fighting for a second chemo drug to be added to my protocol as well in hopes to get me a little more stable.

Here is the voltaren info: http://www.voltarengel.com/consumer/default.aspx 

DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Oh My, You're taking chemo scripts or joint pain? 

• Yes mam its standard protocol with autoimmune arthritis. I have refractive enteropathic arthritis. Its basically like RA or AS but caused by an autoimmune disorder in the bowels.

Here is my story:

http://www.active.com/donate/Racing4ACure/Run4Arthritis

http://www.curearthritis.org/bianca-disney-arthritis-awareness/

DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Oh my gosh..... I never knew that they interchanged chemo meds.  I'll have to take a look at it later but I will definitely read this.

• Chemo is not just for cancer anymore ;)

Its used often in lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, multiple schlerosis, psoriasis, and a few other autoimmune issues in lower doses. Let me tell you I do not ever want to take cancer doses its some rough stuff.

DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Ok after tonight's really horrible run following a really rough spin class yesterday my prospects of a half next weekend may be slashed. Uhg....
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Uhhgg sorry to hear that,  Hopefully some rest for a couple of days will do you good

• I have been really bad and am just stuck at 137 which is to dates my heaviest. I would really like to be 120 or at least lose the inches to wear a size 4. I don't know what is up with my body lately but it sucks. I gotta stop snacking and just switch up my workouts over all! I see all the weight in my face and I hate it!
  • Weight isn't the only factor when it comes to size sometimes its composition too.

You can do it though :D

DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I'm w/ @dewingedpixie regarding the scale.  Measurements work!  I use to roll my eyes at that but it's true.  I've put on at least 10 lbs of muscle in the last year even though I've lost 26lbs and have droped three dress sizes.  I've stopped trying to get that perfect number and look at the sizes instead.  It has really helped.

• Yeah I mean if I can be a size four and be lean muscle I am cool no matter what weight. I just have always been 120 since being an adult and feel the most comfortable at that weight for my height they say I should be like 110 or under but that is so not happening I haven't been under 110 since on high school and I was rowing on our crew team so that was serious exercising 6 days a week. I am lucky if I get an hour of working out 5 days a week! blooooows!
  • I'm the same size at 116 as I was at 102. Difference is 15 pounds of muscle and less body fat :D.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards