Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

DO NOT USE TWO WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS/ALEX KAPLAN FOR YOUR WEDDING

We booked this "professional" for our simple, laid back wedding. We wanted shots of our guests as they were enjoying themselves and portrait style family photos. What we received were pictures of the guests backs, sides, half of people's faces and our family portraits had everything imaginable in the background. When we received the prints that were included in our package they were either extremely dark, missing people in the picture (family portraits) or both. I went back and forth with them to get the pictures printed correctly. I brought the DVD to a chain drugstore to try to print pictures on my own but, guess what??? The pics on the DVD are so dark I can hardly make out who's in the pics! The people at the photo counter were shocked that this was the work of a "professional" and they were sorry that I have no printable memories of our special day. Even Kaplan himself realized how bad the pics were and told me he could not print my album (included in the package I purchased). He refunded me a very small portion of what I paid him (not nearly enough since I paid him good money for bad service and poor quality pictures) and ceased to communicate with me after I asked several times for him to correct the one picture I really wanted of my family all together. Ladies, don't do it to yourselves. Anyone can label themselves a "professional" and show you their "best" work in person or online but after this experience, I wouldn't trust it. This guy had great reviews which is one of the reasons why I chose him but, when he send me the web album to preview there is an offer of so many free pictures in exchange for so many good reviews on various wedding websites. Don't trust the reviews, people will do anything for free stuff, even the free stuff is garbage. Talk to your friends, co-workers, friends of friend-get real feedback, look at the actual pictures from the events. After the guests, food, and DJ are gone, all you have left are the pictures-don't let what happened to me happen to you. Find a professional through people you know and trust.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards