May 2014 Weddings
Options

when to send save-the-dates

Hi everyone! Our date is 5-31-14....when should we send save-the-dates?

Re: when to send save-the-dates

• Options
    If you have a lot of out of town guests or are planning a destination wedding, send them out ASAP so that your guests have the time to make travel plans and such.
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Since you're getting married on a holiday weekend, I would send them out ASAP.
    We are getting marred 5/17, so we aren't sending ours until around October.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Save the Dates go out 6-9 months before the wedding, so August 31-November 30 of this year.  Invitations go out 6-8 weeks before the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My wedding is 5/17 also.  I just ordered my STDs on Monday.  I should have them by the end of next week.  As soon as I get them together I'll be sending them out.  FI is from NY and has family in FL as well.  They act like coming to NJ is a huge ordeal.  (from where most of them live its a 40min drive)  So the more notice I give them the better.  I'm also including the information for the hotel blocks so they can plan accordingly. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are having a destination wedding. Our STDs will go our sometime in late July, about 10 months before the wedding date.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    I'm getting married in Vegas. I just sent mines last week. I guess I'm a little excited lol :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    Oh boy!!! I was thinking Id send ours out in July/August but after reading your posts, Im thinking I should send ASAP!! Our wedding is Memorial day weekend!

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • Options
    LAM, if my FI & I send ours out we won't until August or September!  I've always read you're supposed to send them out 6-9 months in advance, so that means August - November!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    6-9 months seems to be the norm.  If I wasn't getting complaints about the distance (and that its prom/communion season) I would wait to send them out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    minsu5minsu5 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    In Maryland, if you're getting married towards Preakness, it's also to send out STDs early. Most hotels tend to book up early on that weekend and around Memorial Day weekend (esp. if you're having a wedding in the DC metro area).

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• Options
    it's the weekend after memorial day!
  • Options
    I'm also getting married on May 31, 2014 !!! : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards