Ohio-Cincinnati

Carnegie Center Columbia Tusculum - Attended or had wedding reception there??

Hi I am thinking of having my wedding reception at the Carnegie Center in Columbia Tusculum in Cincnnati. There are very few links to photographs of recent weddings there, and minimal reviews. Has anyone been to a wedding here in the last year? Thoughts, opinions? How were the acoustics? If you have a link to photographers blog that has shot there, that would be helpful too. Thanks!!!

Re: Carnegie Center Columbia Tusculum - Attended or had wedding reception there??

• I worked a wedding there in March.  I thought it was a beautiful building with great details. It had lots of character and unique details.  I loved the library book cases around the one room.  My only concern would be parking.  There is not a lot right there that I could see.
  • @Bestfriendconcierge Thanks for the reply! Do you recall anything (or did it stand out) with the acoustics? I am a bit nervous with it being such a big room. I'm guessing if it doesn't come to mind immediately then it was fine. Curious if the wedding you were at had a DJ or Band? 

Thanks!
  • I recently set up an appointment with them to take a look at the venue. When I e-mailed them the woman who set up the appointment was friendly and prompt and when I got to the venue she was the one there...only she was apparently not the one my appointment was with. This was not mentioned, she corresponded with me and was at the site and is the director there..but not the one who my appointment was with. It would have been nice to know this ahead of time so I knew the name and had some contact information of the person who I was SUPPOSED to see because they never came. My appointment was at twelve, they were not early, they were not on time, and they were not five minutes late because we didn't stay past that. The communication was not good with them and the person who would be in control of everything didn't show. This threw up red flags with me and I was rather disappointed. 
  • I attended a reception there with a band. Because it's split into two big rooms, the space was wonky.  The band and crowded rows of tables were in one room, banquet table in the other. Parking wasn't a problem.  I love the building and rooms, too, but unless you have ~50 people, I can't see how it would work.  Another similar place is Memorial Hall next to Music Hall.

• swampsswamps member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2013
    We had our wedding there this summer.  We loved it.  We had about 130 people.  We had tables in the larger room (tight, but not overcrowded) and the bar in the other (plus a photobooth and cornhole) and dancing in the middle.  It worked great for our crowd.  The DJ set up speakers pointing into the large room and had a separate system in the room with the bar.  It worked for us because we wanted a set-up where people who wanted to visit at the tables could talk comfortably, particularly older guests who have trouble hearing with too much background noise, but also have a place where people could dance.  We didn't hear any complaints about parking.  The only downside was that we had a really hot day (over 90F) and it got a little warmer inside than I would have liked - but keep in mind I was in a wedding gown.  Probably related to my choice of centerpieces (lots of candles generating a lot of heat) but not something I had even considered being a problem!  We got a lot of compliments on how beautiful and unique the venue was.
  • I can see how this would work, swamps.  Thanks for this; it's really helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards