Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Makeup emergency!

So, my wedding is in 11 days, and I am completely frazzled about what to do for my makeup.

The location where I am getting married has a spa/salon, and the plan all along had been to get my hair and makeup done there.  When I went for the trial, my hair looked great but the makeup was AWFUL!  They didn't have the right colors for my skin tone at all, and now I'm panicked.

I've thought about just buying all my own makeup and having them apply it for me, but since the colors were so wrong at the trial, I honestly don't know if they will apply it correctly even with the right colors.

I am considering doing it myself, but am worried that it won't look very special, and that it won't show up well in pictures.

Any advice on either 1) doing it myself or 2) recommendations for a great makeup artist in the area?

Thanks!

Re: Makeup emergency!

• carcrashheartcarcrashheart member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

11 days out-I would grab the vendor list and call every make up artist suggested to see who is available.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I did mine myself and it was fine, but I also didn't want to look too done up, it's just NMS. It won't be the end of the world if you do it yourself, I'd rather have it "not look special" than look bad.

imageimageimageimage

• Y I OughtaY I Oughta member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you brought this up with the makeup artist that did your makeup? Maybe if you just tell them the colors were wrong they can suggest someone else or tell you that you can bring in your own stuff.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Carcrash, start calling people. Clare with Ciel Cosmetics would be my first stop. If none of these work, then maybe you could go to Sephora or MAC and have them do it.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly, if you're still scrambling a couple days before the wedding, make an appointment at a MAC or Clinique counter at a mall. I was actually in a wedding a few years ago in which the bride asked everyone to do so. We each picked the counter we wanted (some wanted Clinique, some MAC, some other counters). And it actually turned out great. All of us looked wonderful, and we each just had to buy one product from the counter (I bought the lipstick they used so I could reapply as needed). Even the bride looked stunning... the clinique counter did an amazing job on her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Laur~ Great idea! Love it!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • edited December 2011
    I went for a trial with Kate at Airbrushing Beaity and I thought she did a really good job for a reasonable price.  She'll travel to your location...she charges a little extra beyond a certain number of miles.  She is located north of pittsburgh.

http://www.airbrushingbeauty.com/
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards