Moms and Maids

Humorous bride wedding certificate

Hi everyone!

We are having my sister's bachelorette this coming weekend. Her friends and I have come up with a list of about 80 tasks to complete. I came up with the bright idea if maybe presenting her with a certificate once she completes at least 75% of the list. What I am struggling with is what to write on the certificate. I am looking for something funny that says that because she has completed her scavenger hunt/task list she can now be allowed to marry. 

Any creative ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!

Re: Humorous bride wedding certificate

• I don't have any ideas, either. I just want to caution you about this. Make sure your bride is 100% cool with doing the scavenger hunt. Some women hate that kind of stuff. I personally would have loved a scavenger hunt. Yes, it's silly and ridiculous, but to me it's like watching a stupid-funny movie. Sometimes it's just fun to indulge in absurdity. Just make sure your bride agrees and don't put anything on there that could cause her problems with her fiance. I used to work in a bar,and I have seen many scavenger hunts lead to drama and trouble!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I agree, make sure she's totally ok with the idea. For me, it's really not my idea of a good time, and I would probably flat out refuse to participate if it was a complete surprise. Just putting that out there.
  • Thanks for the advice ladies. Fortunately, it's my sister and she is game!

I'm just struggling with the quirky/silly/witty/funny wording to write on the certificate. It seemed like a super idea when I came up with it, I just can't think of what to write lmao
  • I can't think of anything creative, but maybe just call it a "marriage license" since you need one of those to get married...?  Sorry, that's all I got, haha.

Anniversary
  • Could you give her something other than a certificate, since I can't think of anything "witty" for it to say?  Like (if it's that kind of party) she could be rewarded with a giant masculine lollipop with a sticker saying "Congratulations!" or something. 
  • KD+ARKD+AR member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    What kind of things are on the scavenger hunt? Not knowing what tone it would have for the game itself makes it hard to have a witty certificate. 

"After watching you.... and ..... and not to mention (ever again)...... it seems you are truly DESPERATE to marry....., so since you have complied with our demands, here is our blessing."

Good luck. And have fun~ Sounds like SO MUCH FUN!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards