Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Hello, I'm new to The Knot discussion boards! :)

Hello, I am 23yrs old and I'm from a tiny town called Newcastle, Texas. It's about an hour and a half away from Ft Worth. Population: around 500 ppl. Ft. Worth/ Dallas was the only place listed that I'm remotely close to on the discussion board options. I don't exactly have all of the ceremony, venue, etc optino that most of you probably have. 
    My fiance and I have known each other for 9 years, we have been together for 4 years, and we have a 3yr old daughter together. He is truly my best friend and love of my life. He proposed December 19th 2012 in front of the school that I teach at. He had the office receptionist and my daughter bring me roses to my classroom and they led me out to the front of the building where he was waiting. I was completely surprised!!
   Our wedding date is October 19th 2013 (which is feeling closer everyday). I have had health issues and I've been so busy with work and family that I'm just now starting the planning process. It feel very overwhelming to be quite honest. I'm fortunate to have a job where I'm off for the summer, but we are moving to a new home and I'm going back to school to come a Special Ed teacher so my plate is full. 
    My fiance's parents are already helping us out with the down payment and closing costs on our house and my parents have their hands full with trying to put my sister through college and take care of my grandfather.....so basically the wedding cost are up to us. We are looking to try to keep it around ($4,000-$5000) at the very most. 
    I know I'm in for an interesting 5 months lol.
    I def have a lot of questions but I will post them later. :)

Re: Hello, I'm new to The Knot discussion boards! :)

• Welcome!  We would love to help if we can.  With a smaller budget my advice is always to keep the guest list as small as possible, and be open to DIY and possibly an afternoon wedding.
  • Hi! Welcome! Yes, a smaller guest list is the best way to cut costs. Good luck, and let us know if you have any specific questions!
  • I completely agree on the guest list part; just having some trouble with that. I live in a small community where everyone knows everyone and it's hard to cut corners without hurting feelings. Any advice on this? I don't need 500 ppl at my wedding or even 200. I think this is my biggest problem. We originally were going to do a destination wedding somewhere in Texas with just a few family and friends, but then I realized this wouldn't work because of the older people in our families that wouldn't be able to travel and would not want to miss the wedding. I know if I could get the guest list figured out I could really get a lot more done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards