Attire & Accessories Forum

Etsy dress shopping

Has anyone bought a wedding dress from etsy. I found a dress I am in love with I just want to make sure it's a good idea before I go for it.

Re: Etsy dress shopping

• In Response to Etsy dress shopping:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone bought a wedding dress from etsy. I found a dress I am in love with I just want to make sure it's a good idea before I go for it.
    Posted by jessicabartnick[/QUOTE]

There are some brides here who have had luck with Etsy.  But a couple of things to be careful of.  The chinese knockoff sites have found Etsy. Make sure you arent dealing with a seller out of china.

Also, make sure you have tried on that dress style somewhere.  you will never know if a certain cut or design looks good on you until you have tried. If it's an a-line, ball gown, or whatever, go to Davids Bridal and try some of those on to make sure the vision in your head is what it will really look like.
  • In Response to Re: Etsy dress shopping:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Etsy dress shopping : There are some brides here who have had luck with Etsy.  But a couple of things to be careful of.  The chinese knockoff sites have found Etsy. Make sure you arent dealing with a seller out of china. Also, make sure you have tried on that dress style somewhere.  you will never know if a certain cut or design looks good on you until you have tried. If it's an a-line, ball gown, or whatever, go to Davids Bridal and try some of those on to make sure the vision in your head is what it will really look like.
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

All of this.  Make sure you get a really reputable seamstress, make sure it's a style dress that will look good on you, and give really accurate measurements.

Just use your common sense.  If you find an elaborate beaded and lace gown for $200, you can bet money that this is a cheap knockoff.  

My dress is from etsy (Ting Bridal).  I had a great experience, and my dress is quality made.  But it cost a lot more than $200 (although still a really good deal).

SaveSave
  • BE VERY CAREFUL.  I am not sure that I would put my eggs in the etsy basket for something that is a very important purchase like the actual dress.  My best advice, read reviews on the seller.
  • http://www.etsy.com/people/ieie?ref=owner_profile_leftnav

If I get my dress made I may go through her. She's US- based and has 100% positive reviews. And her work is gorgeous and she's been quick in communicating. Just thought I'd pass along :)
  • thank you!!!!
  • http://www.etsy.com/listing/120849827/white-mermaid-lace-wedding-dress-with?ref=shop_home_active 

this is a def chineese vendor knock off site. all of her professional stock photos are the real deal but then most of her pictures have a photo under it of a gown she made and its the wrong color and there are visible flaws on it... she has a purple squened prom gown stock photo is amazing but stolen and the picture of the dress she did the purple color is way off from the color of the stock photo and the sequened designs look nothing like the real deal 
  • Has anyone used ASAP Bay Bridal?  
  •  *Formerly ctexasgurl26 and mrsridings061513*

imageimageimage

Anniversary
    Baby William born June 11, 2014 Weighing 6 lbs 5 oz and 17.5 inches long

• Do NOT order from dresstalk on etsy. I ordered my gown the end of January 2014 and was told it would take 1.5 to 2 months to make the dress. I followed up on numerous occasions once the 2 month mark was up. I was told to kindly wait longer several times. By the end of April I received images but the dress does not match the listing pictures. I requested additional pictures the end if April but have yet to see anything. After 4 additional messages to the seller no response. Horrible horrible horrible! Still no idea if I'm going to see a dress or my money back. Etsy has an option to review your purchases but to my shock there us a time deadline. I am unable to review or open a case against the seller because of this policy. I wasn't aware you could review your item before you get your item. Don't do it. I am now in limbo no communication from this seller and I don't know if I should be looking elsewhere or hope that sometime soon this seller had the deciancy to update me or ship my dress.
  • drina0218drina0218 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
  • drina0218drina0218 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    AshleyE29 said:
    Do NOT order from dresstalk on etsy. I ordered my gown the end of January 2014 and was told it would take 1.5 to 2 months to make the dress. I followed up on numerous occasions once the 2 month mark was up. I was told to kindly wait longer several times. By the end of April I received images but the dress does not match the listing pictures. I requested additional pictures the end if April but have yet to see anything. After 4 additional messages to the seller no response. Horrible horrible horrible! Still no idea if I'm going to see a dress or my money back. Etsy has an option to review your purchases but to my shock there us a time deadline. I am unable to review or open a case against the seller because of this policy. I wasn't aware you could review your item before you get your item. Don't do it. I am now in limbo no communication from this seller and I don't know if I should be looking elsewhere or hope that sometime soon this seller had the deciancy to update me or ship my dress.

Did you file a claim? We got a little screwed on our invites (paid for them and she spelled our names wrong, never fixed them or sent them out) and the girl totally stopped communicating so we filed a case against her, got our money back, and bought new invites. It sucks that it's your dress and you totally fell in love with it, but at least you know you have options. 

Oops.. just seen the rest of your message. I am so sorry. Can't you call Etsy?? You never received you product. You should get your money back and that be the end of it. 
  • I ordered my Flower Girl dresses from dresstalk on May 10th. Was told to "kindly wait". Nothing. Now her shop is no longer on Etsy. Her email is dresstalk@hotmail.com so I've been emailing her but have received nothing. So messed up someone can do this.
  • I had my 2 flower girl order their dresses from dresstalk. One ordered hers April 28th and it was delivered May 16th and it was just like the picture and very cute. However, the other dress was ordered May 18th and all we know is it is suppose to be shipped by June 27th but can't get in contact with anyone and my wedding is July 12th! I am freaking out and not sure whether to look for another dress, even though now my flower girls will be wearing different dresses if that dress doesn't come in. I am very upset and can't believe they would just disappear after the dress is ordered and everything. I just emailed them since you gave me the email but doubt anything will happen...
  • I just received my wedding dress from LaceMarry.  I was super nervous about ordering from overseas, but overall I think it worked out.  The dress looks just like the photos on the site, and the fabric and stitching seems nice.  I did get professionally measured and used those measurements.  It's a key hole back, and that's a little big and the dress is a little long (I contributed to this by adding a little to the measurements out of concern).  The one big concern is the hips.  They are just a touch high and a little tight, which is fine if I don't want to sit.  I guess this is my motivation to lose those few pounds.  I will take it to a professional soon to get it altered, I'm curious to hear what they have to say.  
  • I was wanting to order my bridesmaids dresses from Etsy. Her reviews are really good, now I'm a little nervous.
  • I was wondering if anyone has heard from dresstalk?

I ordered two flower girls dresses from her and noticed her site isnt active anymore?

• I ordered two flower girls from dresstalk as well on June 5th. I haven't heard a thing and haven't received anything. I really don't know what to do at this point. 
  • NEVER order a dress that you have not tried on in person.  You cannot tell what it will look like on you.  It might be a real let down.  Go shopping in some real bridal shops and keep an open mind about styles.  You might be as surprised as my daughter was when she found her perfect dress.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I repeat!  Never order a dress unless you have tried it on.  Never order a dress directly from China!  You have no control over what you will get.  Edreambridal is a knock off site!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • @CMGragain. I'm pretty sure @watermelons is the same person as vanessani, who's been posting for awhile but finally got banned recently.  Advertising for the same site, hiding by chiming in on threads without mentioning that site, and has the same poor grammar.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards