Indiana

Ceremony/Reception NEAR Boone County

We're looking to get married in the fall of 2014 (just moved the date up! Eek!) We are having the hardest time finding places near Boone County to have the ceremony and reception. We recently went to a friend's in Zionsville at the Lions Club Park. They were married outdoor and had the reception in the Lion's Club Lodge.

At the risk of copying them, I'm looking for any ideas in the Boone County, Hendricks County, Tippecanoe County, nearby areas etc. that are reasonably priced for a very inclusive wedding ceremony (30 people MAX) and a decent sized reception (300 people max). All of this within budget!!!

Any ideas are appreciated! I have looked into all of the actual "vendors" and they are all way above our budget for a realist (my future husband).

The ceremony needs to be outdoors, preferably in a gazebo. The reception indoors. I am fine with catering myself, decorating, and finding a bar tender - just finding the PLACE!
Parks, Rec Rooms, etc. Anything...

Any ideas?????

Re: Ceremony/Reception NEAR Boone County

• If you liked the Lion's Club Lodge/Park set up, why not go with it? I highly doubt your friend would think you're copying them if you choose the same venue, especially if it's over 2 years after. Then again, if you do everything else exactly the same as well, then it might get side-eyed by your friend.
  • No sure what your budget is, but you could also try K & S farms outside of Sheridan.  They are an outdoor location with a great setup.  Otherwise, talk to your friend and see what she thinks about having it at the same place.  She may not mind. 

Good luck!

• Hummel Park in plainfield, in has a place in the back called the Charleston Pavilion, it is super pretty and tons of places to take pictures in the park and also at the surrounding parks. There is Dulls Tree Farm in Thorntown... I am also planning my Wedding for August 2014 and trying to keep it as close to Boone Co. as possible and it.is definitely hard! lol
  • @LyndzJRM14 We have branched out into Noblesville at James A Dillon Park but now I can't find a place for a reception! The happiest time of my life is seriously becoming my mid-life crisis. This is INSANE! I never thought finding a reception hall would be so hard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards