Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Save the dates

So the wedding is going to be August 13 2011...when do you guys think its a good time to send out save the dates and then the actual invitations??
8/13/11

Re: Save the dates

• missyt180missyt180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    According to etiquette:

Invitations are supposed to go out 6-8 weeks prior to the wedding date.

Save the Dates are to go out 4 months prior to the wedding date (however, if you are having a desitination wedding or getting married on a holiday weekend, it is good practice to mail out 5-6  months in advance to peopel can make travel plans).

And remember - if they get a Save the Date, they must get an invitation.  Smile

• strlzfan11strlzfan11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've heard that STDs should go out no earlier than 1 year out.  You could probably send them right after Christmas and be ok unless you've got a lot of people that will need to make travel arrangements.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having a late June wedding, and we sent our STD's in our Christmas cards-saved on postage!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_save-dates-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:7aa3b940-43e6-4208-acda-29907e4fec9cPost:10180d3d-1e45-4454-85ad-e7d065ef716c">Re: Save the dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having a late June wedding, and we sent our STD's in our Christmas cards-saved on postage!
    Posted by 26summer[/QUOTE]

I did the same, except our wedding was in mid-May. Definitely do not send them out over a year in advance. Even 9 months is a bit early, IMO.

ETA: My invitations went out at the beginning of March for my May 16th wedding.
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is next May 28th - A YEAR FROM TODAY - and b/c it's over Memorial Day weekend, I wanted to send them out earlier than usual. I am planning on sending out the StDs sometime in late July/ early August... I might wait until late August but I know tons of people make plans for Memorial day and I wanted to give them  a heads up. FWIW, about 1/2 my guests will be from OOT as well so I wanted to give advanced notice to make travel plans etc... HTH!
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a considerable number of OOT guests coming to ours, and we sent out our STDs in November for our mid-July wedding. 

We're sending out invitations now, about seven weeks before the wedding, but in my perfect world I would have preferred to have sent them about 3 weeks earlier.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • melynda3117melynda3117 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your wedding is in August 2011, you should send your Save The Dates by the end of January. August is a busy vacation month and alot of people plan vacations several months in advance, so you want to make sure no one books a vacation on your wedding day! Also invitations should be sent out by the end of June!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards