Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Entertainment between ceremony and reception

We have decided to have our wedding at a location where the ceremony and reception will be in the same room.  We have already decided cocktail hour and appetizers are a must during the hour the venue staff will flip the room, but I was looking for ideas for some extra (but minimal) entertainment during that hour to keep guests occupied.  (The venue has a lobby and a courtyard that the cocktails will be held in, so while we have some extra space, we don't have a large open area.)  Has anyone attended a wedding or had one of their own where there was some form of entertainment between the ceremony and reception?  I was thinking of maybe hiring a musician for the hour, but would appreciate any other ideas.  I want to make sure I take care of my guests.  Thanks!

Re: Entertainment between ceremony and reception

• Options
    My ceremony musicians will continue to play during our cocktail hour. We also found a super inexpensive photobooth ($250 for two hours - I mean it's still pretty pricey, but A LOT less than other places) that will be available for pictures during that time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone.  There will be some seating, though I don't know if there will be enough for everyone.  And I like the photobooth idea, I will look into that.  Thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone.  There will be some seating, though I don't know if there will be enough for everyone.  And I like the photobooth idea, I will look into that.  Thanks!
    There won't be enough seating for everyone?  So some people will have to stand for an hour?

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yes, the court yard has benches, the bar has seats, and the lobby has big couches, etc, and there will be cocktail tables set up along the court yard, but as far as seats set up along the court yard to accommodate everyone, I do not think that's included.  But I will speak with the coordinator and see if it's something I can add.  Thanks for the feedback.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards