Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Critique my menu. Any Changes? Should I add a slider station?

What do you think of the menu? It's a Seaside outdoor pavilion, semi-casual, late summer wedding. We had planned to offer a burger (beef, turkey or veggie) option for kids/picky eaters, or should we just add a slider station with dinner. 

Bar
Assorted Bottles of Craft Beers, Red and White Wine, Sodas in Glass Bottles, Iced Tea, Lemonade, Punch, Basic Bar Setup for Cocktails

Cocktail Hour
Passed - BBQ chicken Lollipops with Avocado Cilantro Crema, Corn Fritters with a Sweet & Tangy Apricot Onion Dipping Sauce, Crab cakes with Remolade, Brie with Cranberry & Walnuts in Puff Pastry, Deviled Eggs, Tomato Tea Sandwiches
Stationed - Shrimp Cocktail, Crudities and Dips, Chowder Shooters (New England Clam, Manhattan Clam, Chicken Corn, Fire Roasted Vegetable)

Dinner
Lobster Bake - Lobster, Clams, Muscles, Red Potatoes, Leeks, Corn on the Cob
Pig Roast - Roasted Whole Pig, Macaroni & Cheese, Baked Beans, Sauteed Kale, Roasted Baby Squash Baby Carrots & French Green Beans in Parsley Butter
Sides - Garlic Cheddar Biscuits, Dinner Rolls, Corn Bread, Caesar Salad, Strawberry Spinach Salad with Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette, Potato Salad, Sweet Potato and Scallion with Honey Dijon Dressing, Macaroni Shrimp Salad, Coleslaw, Broccoli Slaw with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
On the Tables - Drawn Butter, Hot Sauce, Cranberry Apple Chutney
Dessert - Strawberry Shortcake, Lemon Bars, Blueberry cobbler, Apple Hand pies, Ice Cream, Sliced Watermelon

Late Night Snack
Kettle Chips - Plain, Sour Cream & Onion, Salt & Vinegar, Salt & Pepper, Sweet Potato
S'mores Bar - Marshmallows (Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Mint), Graham Crackers (Honey, Chocolate, Cinnamon), Chocolate (Dark, Milk, White, Caramel Filled, Peanut butter Cups), Fresh Fruits (Bananas, Strawberries, Blueberries) Toasted coconut, Rainbow sprinkles, Chopped nuts

Re: Critique my menu. Any Changes? Should I add a slider station?

• Options
    My thoughts: can I come?

I think adding a veggie option would be enough. Kids, if they don't like the offered entrees, will probably go for the mac and cheese rather than a veggie burger. .
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    I'd only be concerned with the main options.  I don't eat seafood and I'm not a fan of pig.  I'd probably just fill up on all the yummy other stuff! 
  • Options
    So the burger option or a slider station wouldn't appeal?
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    You can add a slider station; I would also add a vegan option.  I know you have lots of sides that they can eat, but a vegan entree would be nice as well-not getting a suitable entree and having to stick to sides can make vegans feel uncomfortable.  This is of course assuming someone you are inviting is a vegetarian or vegan; if not, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    I WANT TO COME.   Yes I was yelling.

I think a slider station would be a good addition to dinner.  It gives you beef, poultry and veggie option.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Slider bar would be a great addition, but not really necessary given all the other options available - unless you have vegetarians and/or vegans attending.

I also would love to come - sounds delicious and I'm sure you're guests will be thrilled!
  • Options
    I wanna come!! Pretty please? I am an amazing wedding guest....I'll participate in all the activities and I can cut a rug on the dance floor. 

I'd add the slider station.   A lot of people prefer beef to pork or seafood.  I happen to love all of them, but I can see that being very much appreciated.
  • Options
    Sounds great! I'd love a slider station in addition, especially one with poultry and veggie options. Yum!
  • Options
    So the burger option or a slider station wouldn't appeal?
    A slider station would definitely appeal!
  • Options
    make sure you have a veggie option for those who dont eat meat
  • Options
    sliders sound awesome and would go great with your theme
    Dreaming of our Hawaiian honeymoon! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards