June 2013 Weddings

Crunch time, late RSVPs

I'm gonna blow if these last 12 people don't RSVP. Our RSVP date was May 14th...now the 20th and we've made attempts to contact most of them already. Is it that freaking hard to send an RSVP. I pre-labeled them, pre-stamped them, all they needed to do was check yes or no! Even if they didn't write their name I would've been alright because I numbered them. COME ON PEOPLE. If I don't have them by June 2nd, our final catering meeting date, they aren't coming in my minds. And if they do they'll be stuck at a table with each other...only because my mother says we can't kick out those who didn't RSVP...I secretly wish I could. Hahaha.
I know we've gone over this, but it is seriously the most frustrating thing wedding-planning wise for me. Well, that and people adding guests that weren't invited...don't get me started on that.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Crunch time, late RSVPs

• I agree! It's absolutely frustrating.  LOL!  
  • I hear you. My RSVP deadline was Saturday (May 18th) and my final meeting with my venue coordinator is Wednesday (May 22nd). 

I'm waiting on 7 response cards that will count toward 12 people (basically a table, or due to the way I have my seating chart set up these guests are at two different tables with other guests who have rsvp-ed, but could be combined if need be, either scenario will affect my linen count and size and also the number of centerpieces). I'm giving them until tomorrow (our mail is delivered early, around 10am) and then I'm going to call everyone. 

And what's with the guests who don't bother to send in a decline? Like our out of state cousins that we knew from the start wouldn't be able to attend but sent that courtesy invite to....  Is it that hard to check decline (even it if is obvious) and send the card back?

Anniversary
  • Oh my gosh I am with you on the declines. I was informed just weeks before our invitations were set to go out that my FMIL's entire family needed to be invited, she's one of like 9 kids!! So I sucked it up and sent the invites. Then was informed that it was unlikely that any of them would make the trip. But so far only one of them has bothered to send back their response card! Ugh!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think assuming no response = a decline is asking for a bunch of people you weren't planning on showing up at the reception. I know a lot of my slacker relatives think the due date is the day they should mail an RSVP back, so you might get some in the mail tomorrow and Wednesday. I'd definitely start making some phone calls too. Yeah, it sucks that people can't be bothered to respond, but sometimes life gets in the way. I think just about everyone ends up having to chase down a couple guests for responses.
  • there will always be people who just don't get it.  All you can do is contact them and say if I do not hear from you by such date we will not be able to accommodate you.  hang in there--it is annoying, but don't let it ruin your planning.  

Anniversary
  • omg rsvp's were the most annoying thing...im getting frustrated thinking about that again lol. we listed our website on our invitation since its a destination wedding they'd have all the details/updates in the palm of there hands....but i guess nobody has a smart phone cus the people that did rsvp did so by phone call or text or in person. but 50% didn't do anything at all, so we did a coutesy call two days after the rsvp date and most guests were like "you know id be there why ask??"   ... ummm HELLO we still need a final head count; we cant just assume you all can make it out of state and pay for all these meals and then some do not show up. maybe this is all of my guests first wedding experience?? lol   just hang in there and make a call if you need to it will really calm your nerves to have final numbers. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards