New Jersey

Bijou Bridal - Paramus, NJ

Hi ladies! I went to Bijou Bridal on Route 17 in Paramus on Saturday and wanted to share my experience/ask questions.

First, the place is HUGE and they have a great selection of dresses. I liked that you could walk around and pull your own dresses while the sales consultant was pulling other ones she thought you would like. However, I didn't like having to share a big open room with other brides (which didn't happen at the other two dress stores I went to) because I felt like seeing other brides in their dresses kind of took away from my experience, but whatever, not THAT big of a deal.

The only thing I thought was strange was that the sales consultant wouldn't tell me the names of the designers of any dresses that I was trying on. Is that common? Like I mentioned, I went to two other stores and the consultant revealed right away "Oh this is a Maggie Sottero, this is Enzoani, etc. etc." so I thought that was strange. THEN, she kept pulling dresses from their signature designer (which I think is called Stefan Jolie after I did some Googling). But, she wouldn't tell me the name of it! Anyway, I ended up falling in love with a dress from their signature designer but didn't say yes yet. 

Has anyone else purchased a dress from their signature line? I'd like to find some online, but there's no website and the reviews I'm reading say that Bijou deletes every picture posted. 

Thank you! :)

Re: Bijou Bridal - Paramus, NJ

• I did!  It didn't realize until after I got home that you couldn't find the Stefan Jolie dresses online.  It kinda bummed me out not being able to see real brides in the dress. I've searched high and low online, trying to find someone in it, but I haven't had any luck.  So maybe Bijou does delete the pictures posted. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for this post because I was just looking into Bridal salons to begin visiting. My budget is not too grand but Bijou was referred to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's how I feel! I LOVED the dress, but I went home to Google other brides and I couldn't find anything lol
  • I would definitely check it out, the selection is really great. I think my favorite dress experience so far was with Jaehee Bridal in Englewood. 
  • B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    My dress was from their signature and I loved it - along with everyone else. It was a little frustrating that I couldn't see pictures of it online, but it wasn't that big of a deal. If you love the dress, don't hesitate to get it! 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • So funny that I read this today........I just went to Bijou Bridal on Monday night and honestly......it's nothing to rave about.  The salon came highly recommended to me as well, but my experience was average.  With a 5:00 appointment, I didn't get greeted until 5:20 which I thought was rude.  The girl that worked with me was very uneducated about the gowns (fabrics, alterations, designers).  After trying on 9 gowns, I only liked 2 of them which were "Stefan Jolie" their signature brand.  I had pictures of gowns that I liked with me and they had NONE of those styles (lace, keyhole backs).  Overall, my experience was OK.  I enjoyed JAEHEE BRIDAL much better and will probably end up going back there. 

• lalapacelli you should also try Tina's Bridals in Totowa. I heard they are great and I am looking forward to going there myself!
  • That's interesting- I had the opposite experience they told me exactly the designer and dress name. I had a great time at Bijou and my dress came in a month early! Maybe give then another try?
  • @laur6327 I am going to "Say I Do" Bridal in Caldwell tomorrow.  If that's a no, I'll definitely try Tina's Bridals.  Thanks for the info :)
  • I got my dress at Bijou but I would also recommend "I Do, I Do" in Morristown.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really liked my experience at Jaehee too. My consultant was named Bojana and she was amazing. I'm stuck in between a Maggie from Jaehee and the private label dress from Bijou. I love them both equally and they look so similar that I can't decide lol 
  • Before I went, I heard they wouldn't tell you the designer, but when I went, they told me each one.
  • Does someone know the realistic price range of this boutique? I had called and they said $800 and up but a friend of mine had told me that they only sell more expensive dresses like 5k up. My price range is pretty much $1500-$2000 but I don't mind lower lol. I'm not even really into the label or anything, I just want a nice gown. A variety that doesn't only include strapless dresses.
  • I had a great experience at Park Avenue for both my bridal gowns once 7 years ago and then this year. I also had a great experience so far at Hollywood bridal for bridesmaid dresses and alterations are included, they do have bridal as well!
  • Bijou's prices are actually pretty reasonable.  My dress was $1500.  Some other ones I tried on were more expensive; one was actually a few hundred less. They have a pretty wide variety of prices and styles.  They are def worth checking out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dp867dp867 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I went a few months ago sort of on a whim because it was too early for me to decide on a dress. I said my max was $1500 and they had a lot of nice dresses to show me. My two favorites were a justin alexander and one of their private label (cant remember his name). They told me the designers and I thought my consultant did a good job. I will return in a few months.
  • shannyb41shannyb41 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2013
    I never went there before.  I went to The Wedding Store in Andover, NJ.  I had my own private room with my consultant.  She pulled all the dresses which I liked.  I went to Chrissy O's in Newton before that and I had to basically pull all of my own dresses....also fine but I liked having an expert pull them.  They also shared the designer names with me.  They were very open about anything.  They would put it on me and tell me the designer and the price of each one. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The one I picked out was $2,300 and I'm pretty sure she said alterations are $300 (but I could be wrong!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards