Michigan-Detroit

Relatively Affordable Non-traditional Venues in Ann Arbor/Plymouth/Northville area?

Hi all! I searched through the boards but couldn't find an answer so I figure I'd just ask :) I am getting married in 2 years in Michigan, but I'm currently living in Nebraska for grad school, so I'd like to look at venues when I'm home for a week this summer. Any suggestions on a non-traditional type venue?? I'll likely have the ceremony at St. Kenneth's Catholic church in Plymouth, so it would be nice if the reception venue was within a 15-20 minute drive from there. Guest list isn't finalized yet, but we're thinking around 200. Budget isn't huge--about $18K overall. Any ideas? My fiance is a Nebraska boy, so I really like the barn idea, but all the ones I've looked at so far can't accommodate 200 guests (or don't allow liquor... no way will my family be okay with that!!). Bonus points if the venue has a separate smaller area where could have babysitters & pizza for the children of some of our many out of town guests. It's just so hard to do research from far away and I can never get a feel of what a venue is really like just from their website. Thanks so much!

Re: Relatively Affordable Non-traditional Venues in Ann Arbor/Plymouth/Northville area?

• I think you are really limited to what you can do with that amount of people in the Plymouth area. I am getting married in downtown Plymouth with my reception in Canton.

I know right where that church is, you are really good distance to Laurel Manor, Meeting House Grand Ball Room and the Summit in Canton. While all are traditional venues, The Meeting House has a couple rooms off their main ballroom like you described. The Summit also has an extra room off to the side.

Non traditional venues that may accommodate your guest list will probably be further out. Off the top of my head, Tollgate Farms in Novi and Cobblestone Farm in Ann Arbor.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • bbbb78bbbb78 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Cobblestone Farm in Ann Arbor can accommodate up to 220 people.  AA also has the arb and matthai botanical gardens: http://www.lsa.umich.edu/mbg/plan/rentals.asp which are gorgeous, but i'm not positive about their alcohol policy.  i've heard good things about hidden lake gardens as well out toward tecumseh as well http://hiddenlakegardens.msu.edu/
  • I am pretty sure the Arb is only available for ceremonies.  I don't think that you can have receptions there. 

Matthaei Botanical Gardens (my venue) does have a room available for receptions, but it can only hold 100 guests.  Their alcohol policy is beer and wine only. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards