Moms and Maids

Need help for bridesmaid gifts

I am buying all of my bridesmaids their jewelry as a gift for being a part of my special day. 
Mine is a vintage country chic wedding. Our colors are black, white and pewter (dark silver). And
this is my BM dress(in black):

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/from-premiere-to-there-dress?utm_medium=CJaffiliate&cj_webid=4441350&cj_affname=rewardStyle&cj_affid=2975314&cj_linkd=10632182&utm_campaign=CJ&utm_source=CJ&cj_sid=~mOeb--2928366450  

Two out of the six don't have their ears pierced, so I'd like to get them a necklace. What about these for my bridesmaids’ gifts, I l love this idea but I am wondering where I can get them. What do you think? I'm thankful for any suggestions!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=522985101077214&set=pb.118051098237285.-2207520000.1369039402.&type=3&theater

Re: Need help for bridesmaid gifts

• I agree 100% with Retread. Not every woman wears pearls (even if I think they should...) and nice-looking pearls can be pricey, either the real deal or the really good fakes. Don't waste your money on something they won't truly use.
  • Jewelry is such a personal thing. Unless you know their personal style and taste, I would avoid giving jewelry as a gift. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • get something they will definitely enjoy and use. Doesn't have to be wedding related
    Dreaming of our Hawaiian honeymoon! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KD+ARKD+AR member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    I think those are super pretty, however, I agree. You don't want to get them anything that is expected to be used at the wedding. Its more for you than for them. I would try going to Etsy.com for some gifts. They can be custom made and personalized for your girls. It will mean a lot to them.
  • Anything that you buy to be used in the wedding is not considered a gift, it is considered a part of their wedding day attire.

Shop for each girl individually.  Their gifts do not all have to be the same.  In fact it is much more personal if their gifts aren't the same.  Then it looks like you actually took the time to really think about what they each would like, instead of just going the matchy-matchy route.

• I went to Things Remembered and got each of my bridesmaids a silver plated jewelry box engraved with their name.  Now they can put the jewelry that they choose in a beautiful place.  I think that getting them a gift that they are expected to wear in the wedding is a no no.  Their gift should be a gift to them.  A required piece of jewelry is more something you or they should purchase ahead of time as part of their bridesmaid ensemble.  Now if you wanted to put the jewelry inside of the jewelry box engraved with their name, that would be fun and acceptable.
  • @knotporscha I think we've got a vendor here...

OP I second checking etsy, or using gift cards. Remember the gifts don't have to match, either. Personally I'd love jewelry but you know your friends' taste best. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards