June 2013 Weddings

Something old, something new...

If we already covered this I missed it, so what's everyone doing for their old, new, borrowed and blue?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Something old, something new...

• Old: A gold necklace that was given to FI when he was a baby that says "God" in arabic. I won't be wearing it on my neck through probably wrapped around my ankle. FMIL gave it to me.

New: Jewelry

Borrowed: My cousin graciously has let me borrow her veil. I'm hoping to start a new family tradition.

Blue; My shoes are turquoise so that counts but I'm also cutting out a piece of gpa's blue pjs to pin on to my dress.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Old: I'm wrapping my bouquet with material from my mom's wedding dress rather than using ribbon.

New: My mom bought me new pearl earrings.

Borrowed: My mom's pearl necklace.

Blue: I have blue in my garter.

FI's mom's friend also loaned me her grandmother's handkerchief which has an "M" embroidered on it in blue. She wasn't sure if I had something old or blue yet and even though I already do it's so sweet that I'm going to pin it into my dress, so I'll have 2 something olds and something blues.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • New: Jewelry
    Old: my mom gave me the purse her mom gave her on her wedding day.  Will not be carried down the aisle, but I guess this counts, right?
    Borrowed: hopefully a brooch from my g-ma to pin to my bouquet-need to confirm this one!
    Blue: Garter

Anniversary
  • Old: A handkerchief that a friend of my mom's made for me when I was born (it doubled as my christening bonnet). I think I'm going to stitch it to the inside of my dress.

New: The bracelet I'm wearing is new.

Blue: Good question.

Borrowed: My grandma has a necklace that she lends to the brides in our family. I'm going to wrap it around my bouquet.
  • Old: My first engagement ring. It's not crazy old, but it seems like it was forever ago when he proposed to me with a quarter machine ring. <3

New: Dress and sash.

Borrowed: Still have no idea. Hopefully someone will loan me something at the last second?

Blue: Panties. lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Old - a bonnet my great aunt made for my baptism will be pinned to my bouquet

New - shoes, jewelry, dress

Borrowed - my cousin's wife's veil

Blue - in my garter and potentially my toe nails
  • old: a ring from my mom
    new: dress, veil, tiara, shoes
    borrowed: earrings and necklace from FMIL
    blue: undies :)
  • KaySea6213KaySea6213 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
  • cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Something Old is my family heirloom engagement ring
    Something new is my dress
    Something borrowed I still don't have so someone please send me things
    Something blue is my garter
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • CnSinLOVECnSinLOVE member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Old: The diamond in my ring! It's from my moms ring!

New: A handmade clutch my FMIL bought for me!!

Borrowed: I'm not quite sure about this one yet :( Will probably borrow some jewelry from my mom!

Something Blue: I'm painting my toenails blue :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • New: my dress and shoes

Old: a pair of my grandmothers earrings. We both never got our ears pierced but she had a lot of earrings that either clip on or screw on. I found a pair that matches my dress.

Borrowed: i believe my mom is lending a necklace to me

Blue: my toenails! And my bridesmaids
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Old: My shoes

New: My jewelry 

Borrowed: No idea

Blue: I have blue ribbon sewn into my dress for the bustle 
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not really actively looking for any of those things LOL, but let's see,...

Old: Bracelet my mom gave me

New: Pretty much everything else I'm wearing xD

Borrowed: Got nothing yet. A friend is doing my makeup with her own colors and stuff, does that count? xD

Blue: My undies have blue ribbon sewn in!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Old: My great-grandmothers bracelet
    New: My veil
    Borrowed: I don't have anything yet for that hmm going to have to get thinking on that one
    Blue: My blue sparkly Sperry boat shoes
  • New: my accessories

Old and borrowed: a christening bonnet that my FI wore as a baby, wrapped around my bouquet

Blue: a big aquamarine cocktail ring on my right hand

Dreaming of our Hawaiian honeymoon! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yay! My Grandma just confirmed I could borrow her rosary beads and handkerchief she used on her wedding day! Very special

Anniversary
  • Old: my nana's ring which I received when she passed away
    New: Earrings, Shoes, Bracelet, Dress, etc.
    Borrowed & Blue: my cousin gave me a little piece of blue ribbon just in case I needed something, so now that also covers borrowed
    Blue also: Probably having my toes done in blue (my shoes are closed toe) and I also have a blue cardigan on standby in case its chilly. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Old: I'm not sure yet

New: Bracelet my friend bought me for the wedding.  Been dying to wear it for months now!

Borrowed: The clutch I bought for my sister for her wedding last year.

Blue: I wrote in blue fabric marker on my socks- on the left says Bride.  The right says the date.
    and I think I'm wearing blue underwear :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Old:  Me! lol

New:  Bracelets, shoes and dress

Borrowed:  Earrings from one of my closest friends

Blue:  Bridesmaid's dresses and probably my toes

June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cadamuscadamus member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Old: A ring my mom gave me when I was 8
    New: My jewelery
    Borrowed: My grandmothers rosary
    Blue: My garter and probably undies.
    Photobucket
  • ally91ally91 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary

Old and Borrowed: A pearl necklace from a coworker

New: special underthings ;)

Blue: My grandmother's Sapphire and Diamond ring she gave me on my 16th birthday

Soon-to-be Mrs. Kent
  • Old - mom is giving me earrings my dad gave her that's she's been hiding from her current husband lol. And the first necklace I got from Curtis.
    New- maybe the sandals I need to get ASAP?
    Borrowed - wrapping bouquet with fmil pearls.
    Blue - have no idea! Maybe I'll paint my toes navy :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Old - my mom's dress re-fashioned into a reception dress.
    New - my dress.
    Borrowed - one of my dad's handkerchief's with a line from one of my brother and SIL's wedding readings embroidered on it.
    Blue - my engagement ring is a sapphire.
  • Well it's finally happened!
    Old - My original engagement ring.
    New - Dress.
    Borrowed - a handkerchief made by my great grandmother. (it was beautiful last minute thing. :))
    Blue - Undies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Old: working on it but have a few ideas...

New: my dress

Borrowed: some brooches in my bouquet that a friend let me borrow

Blue: my shoes! :)

• New: my jewelry and shoes

Old: my moms lace from her veil is wrapped on my bouquet handle

Borrowed: my moms diamond studs for my 2nd hole

Blue: my bride undies!

• Old: my nana's ring which I received when she passed away
    New: Earrings, Shoes, Bracelet, Dress, etc.
    Borrowed & Blue: my cousin gave me a little piece of blue ribbon just in case I needed something, so now that also covers borrowed
    Blue also: Probably having my toes done in blue (my shoes are closed toe) and I also have a blue cardigan on standby in case its chilly. :)
    It ended up being 93 degrees on my wedding day...so if you use a cardigan as a plan, make sure you have a blue backup because I definitely didn't need it ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Old & Blue: my late grandfather's handkerchief embroidered with a blue "B" (his name was Barlow and my name is Brittania) was wrapped around my bouquet.

New: my mother gave me a new pair of earrings to wear, and I also counted my new wedding band.

Borrowed: my mother also let me borrow her diamond necklace (it was the gift my father gave her when I was born).

New & Blue: I also wore a garter with a blue ribbon on it.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards