Moms and Maids

Update on pregnant sister

Today I got a call from my sister, the one pregnant with twins. She decided to step down.

The bridesmaids dresses arrived last week, and while she ordered 2 sizes bigger when we ordered the dresses, we also didn't know the baby would end up being two babies. So when she tried on the dress last week, it just fit. And she's only 29 weeks pregnant so her stomach is going to grow even more.

We ended up finding a maternity bridesmaid dress in a similar blue to the original dress, and she bought it. But I guess there was a stain on it that she only noticed after she took it home. They couldn't get it taken out, so she got her money back on that one.
She's trying to sell the original dress though, as the store said it was her responsibilty and it was a custom ordered dress. So hopefully she finds a buyer!
She called today to say she didn't want to look for another dress that she might not even get to wear, so she's stepping down.

I'm definitely a little bummed. As the wedding is a month away now. But I guess that's life! I still have my other 4 girls standing up there with me, and I really hope my sister will at least be able to attend the wedding as a guest.
Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

Re: Update on pregnant sister

• We did try and find a maternity dress. And she did buy one. But she returned it.
    I wasn't being picky on the colours, as yes, I would prefer to have my sister up there with me. But since she returned the dress she did buy, she decided she did not want to try and find a new one so she decided to remove herself from the wedding party.
    This was probably a hard decision for her because I know she wanted to be in the wedding. She explained that she wasn't sure she'd be comfortable at that point in her pregnancy either, especially with twins.

• We did try and find a maternity dress. And she did buy one. But she returned it.
    I wasn't being picky on the colours, as yes, I would prefer to have my sister up there with me. But since she returned the dress she did buy, she decided she did not want to try and find a new one so she decided to remove herself from the wedding party.
    This was probably a hard decision for her because I know she wanted to be in the wedding. She explained that she wasn't sure she'd be comfortable at that point in her pregnancy either, especially with twins.

As much as it stinks, if I were her, I would probably do the same. I would not want to spend the next month trying to find something that fits (let alone makes me feel good.) I wouldn't want to draw attention to myself by being the BM who is dressed completely differently than everyone else. I wouldn't want to worry that I am messing up the schedule because I just feel like sitting down. I would see it as I can support my sister's marriage without calling myself a BM and I do not need whatever special recognition comes from being a BM.

I hope she will be able to be there with you as a guest.

As much as it stinks, if I were her, I would probably do the same. I would not want to spend the next month trying to find something that fits (let alone makes me feel good.) I wouldn't want to draw attention to myself by being the BM who is dressed completely differently than everyone else. I wouldn't want to worry that I am messing up the schedule because I just feel like sitting down. I would see it as I can support my sister's marriage without calling myself a BM and I do not need whatever special recognition comes from being a BM.

I hope she will be able to be there with you as a guest.

Yeah I definitely understand where she's coming from. And she's definitely going to try to be at the wedding, unless the babies come early. That's out of her control though lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards