Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

To airbrush or not??

Hey ladies, had a question about the airbrush make up. I just read another post similar to mine that answered part of my question but not all of it. I'm blessed with pretty good skin. Not over oily or prone to break outs or acne issues. I never use foundation. My daily make up routine is to do my eyes ( shadow, liner, mascara) & that's it. So the previous similar post said airbrush is a combo of regular makeup, like what I'd do myself for my eyes, & the airbrush pertains more to the "foundation" part of the make up. Do we know if this is true or false?? And if that is the case, then maybe it's not worth it for me, as I never use foundation anyways! Thoughts please!

Re: To airbrush or not??

• It's true. Airbrush is for facial products only.  Get a trial before your wedding to see if you like it. I hated my airbrush trial and went with traditional makeup instead.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had airbrush makeup for my wedding day.  The airbrush was used primarily to apply the foundation.  Both bronzer and blush were applied by hand but these could also be applied by airbrush as well but that just wasn't how my MUA did it.  I don't tend to wear much foundation either and the application was so light that it barely felt like I had any makeup on my face which I loved.

I loved my airbrush makeup.  It stayed looking great all night long.  I tend to get a bit oily in the forehead and around my nose as the day goes on but that did not happen with the airbrush makeup.  Heck when I woke up the next morning my makeup still looked great.

I would definitely do a trial though because it may or may not be your thing.

• It's true. Airbrush is for facial products only.  Get a trial before your wedding to see if you like it. I hated my airbrush trial and went with traditional makeup instead.
    Ditto.  I hated airbrush.  I opted for traditional makeup. 

I don't wear much foundation either, but I wanted something a little bit more special looking for the day, KWIM?  Besides, it's one of the most photographed days....I wanted to look like the best version of myself and have the makeup look good in photos.

Get a trial so you're comfortable with what you decide.
  • Air brush is usually foundation, blush, bronzer. You can airbrush the eye area, but most people wont.

Ive only tried one type of airbrush makeup, and absolutely hated it on my skin. I'm opting for traditional foundation.
    Like all foundation, airbrush makeup will work differently on different people's skin. test out a few brands and see if its really what you want.
  • I tried it and didn't like it.  It looked too much.  I felt uncomfortable with so much makeup on and I wear makeup all the time.  I'm sure it looks good in pics, but to walk around all day like that I think I'd be self-conscious. I wouldn't want guests to look at me and think , geez she has a ton of makeup on!  I want them to look at me and think, she is gorgeous!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards