Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Former and Current Platinum Hotel Brides...what time is your ceremony? (Sun/heat issues)

Hello All,

I am currently trying to set a specific time for my wedding on the Pool Deck and Kilowat Restaurant in April 2014. I am wondering from fellow Platinum brides, both former and current, what time are you holding your ceremony? Jamie, our contact, recommended 7pm which is sunset in Vegas because she said the sun shines right on the hotel until about 15 minutes before official sunset which can cause issues with heat, photos, and other sun related issues, but I am afraid that 7pm will be too late for our guests (many on 3 hour time difference) as well as future hubby's plans to continue the party afterwards. So, if any can share what time they held their ceremony and if they would change it, that be great!

Thanks in advance!
Freaking Out Over the Small Things Bride!

Re: Former and Current Platinum Hotel Brides...what time is your ceremony? (Sun/heat issues)

• Options
    i would go with their advice - we did 5:30 on the rooftop at the end of September and I definitely wish we'd done later - the sun was definitely a factor during the ceremony. it didn't ruin anything, but in retrospect, I'd have changed that detail
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mnuppmnupp member
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm getting hitched at Platinum this September and when Jamie suggested 6:30, my eyes bugged out of my head. I come from the Catholic tradition of afternoon weddings (1-3pm), so I freaked about how to fit everything in. I eventually talked Jamie into "6pm" on the invitations with the assumption that we'll actually start around 6:15. (I wanted to get the full benefit of the 4-hour open bar!)

Remember that you can do things BEFORE the Ceremony. We are doing first look on the Strip around 2 and family pics at Stir around 4:30 (so that we don't have to spend precious dinner time on corralling guests for photos). Also, Happy Hour at Stir starts at 4, so maybe your guests will want to get to Platinum early and start the celebration in air conditioning.
  • Options

Hey ladies,

Thanks for the feedback. I am like you Mnupp- I am used to weddings starting at like 4:30 or 5, even for evening ones...Did either of you ladies do the all inclusive package? If so, did you schedule more time with Chiemi to get your photos done? When did you take your photos of you and your groom/bridal party, family ,etc?

Thanks!

• Options
    yes to stir for the pre party happy hour :) we got buses to trek people from the flamingo to the platinum since it would be no fun to walk and that's a lot of cabs for a short time, so we had 3 busloads and the earlier people just had a drink at Stir.

I did the all inclusive, we had 60 people and we opted to not extend the time for any of the vendors. We stuck with the 4 hour bar, 4 hours of photography (had it start at 5pm to get some pre shots of people arriving, and the venue etc) We knew we didn't want to do getting ready shots etc so it wasn't an issue for us. We did a few posed pics to get the traditional parents, family shots etc but after that we just wanted her to capture more casual thoughts throughout the night - LOVE that we did that.

At the time I had wished we had an extra hour of reception BUT in retrospect - it was kind of like a tv show that ends on a high note lol. I think an extra hour we could have had a few sloppy people (including myself). We went downtown to fremont on a double decker bus after the reception was all wrapped up at Platinum.

You will be very happy with the 6:30 time and the shots ahead of time are perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mnuppmnupp member
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm doing all-inclusive except for photography and floral ... I looked through their portfolios and wanted a different style (for photos I wanted a more photojournalistic style throughout the day instead of just ceremony/reception pics, and for floral I wanted less roses and more lilies/orchids so I priced out a lot of vendors and Roxy just wasn't in my budget for what I wanted).
    So my photographer (Rachel from Brilliant Imagery, who has been 100% incredible to work with) will come at 1:30pm for getting ready/first look/Strip photos, then we'll head to Platinum at 4:30 for family pictures at Stir, then wedding at 6. That way we still get all the pictures we want without stressing to squeeze them all in at night!
    Rachel also includes a free engagement or trash the dress session in case you want some non-wedding-day photos.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards