Louisiana-New Orleans

Suggestions regarding a caterer you have used & had a great experience w/ in New Orleans?

I'm looking for suggestions regarding a caterer you or a friend have used & had a great experience with. Wedding or other event. We're open to different ideas (food truck, pop-up or traditional restaurant or off-site caterer, but would like someone who has experince handling an event for at least 150 guests. We will be providing our bar. Thanks for any responses!

Re: Suggestions regarding a caterer you have used & had a great experience w/ in New Orleans?

• We used Pigeon Catering and had a great experience with them.  They catered our wedding at the New Orleans Board of Trade, were very reasonably priced and easy to work with.

Just a note that you will probably have to hire a bartender even if you provide the alcohol for liability reasons.

Where are you getting married?
  • We used Capdebosqc and they were amazingly affordable. They even supplied a coordinator type person. Our DOC was really impressed, she hadn't worked with them before and had been skeptical. Everything turned out great, everyone loved the food and they were very professional. 

They tailored our package to exactly what we needed, set up a to-go drink table for the second line, and cleaned up the reception and took down tables for a very small additional fee. They are a little old school (they send their brochure via snail mail), but a great deal.
  • Thanks for the response, Pigeon's is on our list. We will definitely be hiring at least 2 bartenders. The wedding & reception will be at the Benachi House.
  • sfinninsfinnin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We used Handsome Catering and the food was great and we got tons of compliments from our guests. Their prices were lower than anyone else we priced out and they did a great job for our wedding of 175 guests. I know they've done atleast one wedding at the Benachi House bc the sister of one of the managers of Handsome Catering got married there. A friend of mine was at the wedding and raved about the food, so that's how we heard about them! They operate out of Handsome Willie's bar, they do free food on Fridays, so it's a fun way to start out the tasting process :) Ask for Patrick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards