African American Weddings

how to tell the MOH

Ok so I told you gals about the drama with the MOH.. basically she wants to be involved in EVERY ASPECT of the wedding.. so any ways when the coordinator told me to start thinking about the tasting she was like who are you going to bring..and I said the mister does want to go so ill take the MOH.. Cool right.. well the MOH is SUPER PUSHY AND BOSSY.. (I love her though). My mom told me if i am going to take the MOH i need to bring some one else to make sure that I get what I want.... well long story short the mister said he would go to the tasting so how do I tell the MOH i dont need her to go...

im not sure how to do it without her fliping out

Daisypath - (PNE7)

Re: how to tell the MOH

• Is there anyway that your MOH can attend in addition to Fiance? I know I was allowed to bring two additional people along with Fiance....it doesn't hurt to ask. Even if it requires a $20 fee or something...
    Anniversary
  • tell her that your Fiance is going.. and that maybe she can come to the cake tasting... 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thedivav said:
    tell her that your Fiance is going.. and that maybe she can come to the cake tasting... 

My thoughts exactly, plain and simple. I don't think she'll flip if you tell her FI is going and that she can go to the cake tasting. At least she is involved in something since she feels the need to be involved in every aspect. 
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013

thanks ladies but the thing is we are doing the cake tasting at the same time..

what to do? like she was mad she didnt get to select the invitations, the date or the venue or the bridesmaid dress.. i was like well hell do you want to pick my fiance too

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • rowenac82 said:
    Is there anyway that your MOH can attend in addition to Fiance? I know I was allowed to bring two additional people along with Fiance....it doesn't hurt to ask. Even if it requires a $20 fee or something...
    I think this is the best thing...try and see if you can just bring her along smh ppl and their drama for YOUR WEDDING geesh 

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Can you tell her that your FI is going that you don't need her to go?  It's your wedding not hers, she should be able to understand that.  Sorry you're having to deal with unnecessary drama, wedding planning is stressful enough as it is.
  • This should really be a no issue for your MOH.....Just tell her you appreciate her for her thoughtfulness, but FI is going.  Now, if she has a problem with that...then I would have to tell her to check her self before she wreck herself :-)

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • LeciaB said:

what to do? like she was mad she didnt get to select the invitations, the date or the venue or the bridesmaid dress.. i was like well hell do you want to pick my fiance too

IT IS YOUR WEDDING not hers 
    tell her be easy 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thedivav said:
    LeciaB said:

IT IS YOUR WEDDING not hers 
    tell her be easy 

****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • minsu5minsu5 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    1) I totally agree with the past comments, unless your MOH is paying, her opinion is strictly persuasive, not authoritative.

2) Let her know that it's going to be a surprise. My fiance and I have kept some pieces of our wedding secret just because we don't want to have someone else tell us what they want or don't want AND its nice to surprise everyone on the big day.

3) I still don't understand why some people, especially those who aren't paying, think they have a right to control another person's wedding.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• minsu5 said:

3) I still don't understand why some people, especially those who aren't paying, who think they have a right to control another person's wedding. 

THIS RIGHT HERE!!! 
    let the church say lol 
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thedivav said:
    minsu5 said:

3) I still don't understand why some people, especially those who aren't paying, who think they have a right to control another person's wedding. 

THIS RIGHT HERE!!! 
    let the church say lol 

Preach!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • This should really be a no issue for your MOH.....Just tell her you appreciate her for her thoughtfulness, but FI is going.  Now, if she has a problem with that...then I would have to tell her to check her self before she wreck herself :-)

Cha

THIS ALL DAY LMAO LMAO LMAO

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• LeciaB said:

Um, sooooo nobody else is concerned with the fact that Leesh may need a restraining order for this girl? {{looks around}} just me then? mkay.  girl i'm serious, my question is not how do you tell her without her flipping out it's what the hell is wrong with her that being denied a plate of free food and a one inch2 cake cube is really enough to have her teetering on the brink of insanity?  what is she gonna do if ya'll have a baby?  if you don't get this o.j. ass heffa away from you.....
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    LeciaB said:

Um, sooooo nobody else is concerned with the fact that Leesh may need a restraining order for this girl? {{looks around}} just me then? mkay.  girl i'm serious, my question is not how do you tell her without her flipping out it's what the hell is wrong with her that being denied a plate of free food and a one inch2 cake cube is really enough to have her teetering on the brink of insanity?  what is she gonna do if ya'll have a baby?  if you don't get this o.j. ass heffa away from you.....

this is hilarious....i died at my desk.. she be all in her feelings.. all the time

if I let you read the email she sent me you would fall out...it was easier to let her be the MOH then deal with the drama

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Remember miss minnie from the color purple - the prim wh'ite lady who asked Sophia to be her maid?  Use the full inflection of her voice to say: 

Say. WH'AT?  Bro you got bullied into your choice of bridesmaid? who is this bish, Cleo?  She needs a distraction, don't you know anybody (not any of FI's friends) that can take her off your hands?  btw, real talk:   easier to let her than to deal with the drama is how she got to the level where she is now, not with you specifically, with everything and everyone.   Now whose job is it to be the heffa wrangler because you are gonna need somebody to get her up outcha face on wedding day - one of your real friends, so who's doin it? lol!!   Sis your recap is going to be the business!!  :))
  • sultryzulu FLAT LINE.......LMAO

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• @ Tira.  you there?  down in front.   what you do is? you just make sure there are no diaper bags at your reception!!  lol!!! 
  • Remember miss minnie from the color purple - the prim wh'ite lady who asked Sophia to be her maid?  Use the full inflection of her voice to say: 

Say. WH'AT?  Bro you got bullied into your choice of bridesmaid? who is this bish, Cleo?  She needs a distraction, don't you know anybody (not any of FI's friends) that can take her off your hands?  btw, real talk:   easier to let her than to deal with the drama is how she got to the level where she is now, not with you specifically, with everything and everyone.   Now whose job is it to be the heffa wrangler because you are gonna need somebody to get her up outcha face on wedding day - one of your real friends, so who's doin it? lol!!   Sis your recap is going to be the business!!  :))

Dying laughing lol omg icant with sultry this morning lol Let me go get dressed for work lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards