Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Hair pins/combs?

I've been searching for pretty hair pins or combs for the past few weeks and I haven't been able to find a really nice one.

I've looked at:
Sally's Beauty
Walmart
Target
Pat Catan's
Michael's

... am I forgetting to look somewhere?  I've bought a couple things but I'm not in love with any of them.  Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hair pins/combs?

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say etsy, but your wedding is in 3 days -wow! (Congrats and good luck, btw).

Department stores like Macy's might have some.  There are some (limited) choices at stores like JCrew, Aldo, whitehouseblackmarket,etc .  Also, bridal salons (but they tend to be more pricey there).
  • Tara5384Tara5384 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Nordstrom! 
    Click!

Or Claires.  Also, I've gone to Burlington and purchased cheap, but pretty pins and glued them to headbands or a comb to make my own hair accessories. You could always try that!  
  • williaam2williaam2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Antique shops often have some really pretty (and usually affordable) brooches that you can DIY onto a comb, similar to what Tara said!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't think to look at Macy's for hair items.

Does anyone know the story behind the Charming Charlies?  Some knotties on my month board brought it up a few months ago and I just saw the store that went into the Galleria (Mt. Lebanon).

Would they have hair accssories?!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • bwk1023bwk1023 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just recently heard about Charming Charlie's from a co-worker who lives in the South Hills.  From what I understand, you can get any accessory or jewelry there for pretty good prices.  I would call first, but I would definitely think that you could find a hair piece there.  I have also been looking on ETSY myself as my wedding is in 6 wks!
  • tmzangtmzang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a kiosik in the middle of the malll at The Mall at Robinson in between Express and Yankee's Candle (I believe).  It's definitely on the side between JcPenneys and Macys and they sell hair pins there; lots of hair pins.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards