Snarky Brides
Options

ETA: Flagging FAQ. Knot Gods, feel free to use for transparency.

brielleinlovebrielleinlove member
5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
edited May 2013 in Snarky Brides
I AM NOT A KNOT GOD, AND THIS FAQ IS COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL, CREATED FROM THE INFORMATION THE KNOT GODS HAVE BEEN RELEASING.

Here is what I can come up with so far about flagging.  Since there is no simple, clear, concise summary of flagging, and all the information is spread out throughout the boards, this can suffice until the Knot Gods get around to creating one.

What is flagging?

Flagging serves the purpose of alerting the Knot Gods (Irene, Jackie, Porscha) to an issue on the boards.  Knot Gods review each flag.

What types of posts should be flagged?

Spam, advertising, verbal harassment, posts that simply serve the purpose of increasing post count, posts that include personally identifying information (PII - phone numbers, email addresses, real-world names, and so forth), or usernames that attempt to impersonate Knot Gods (using the KnotName format).

Verbal harassment can be vague.  However, verbal harassment IS NOT disliking what someone said, disliking that they used a swear word, or disliking that someone phrased something bluntly.  Verbal harassment IS name-calling or using slurs, e.g., "brielleinlove is a fat bitch and I bet her husband is going to divorce her next week."

How do I flag a post?

Click on the word "flag" that appears directly beneath the post.  The number of flags should increase by one (so if there were no flags, a 1 will appear, but otherwise, it will increase).

What happens when someone flags my post?

The fact that you have received a flag will appear in your Knot posting profile.  It will appear under either Spam or Abuse, depending on how the flagger identified it.

How regularly/quickly do Knot Gods review flags?

This is unclear.

What happens if someone flagged my post, but it does not break the Terms of Service or fall under the categories listed?

Knot Gods will review the flag and, if it was an abusive flag, they will issue a warning to the flagger.  What form this warning takes is currently unclear; it is assumed that it is a PM.

What happens if I get a warning?

This is unclear.  However, it is known that if you get five warnings, you are banned from The Knot boards permanently.

If my post was abusively flagged, will the flag be removed from my account?

This is unclear.  As of May 23, no; all flags issued currently stand regardless of whether they were abusive or not.

How do I know who flagged me?

You don't, unfortunately.  Flagging is anonymous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards