Maryland-Baltimore

Any ideas on Garden type venues in MD?

Looking for a gorgeous outdoor venue is gardens, very colorful would be preferred, but totally open to more ideas.

Re: Any ideas on Garden type venues in MD?

• minsu5minsu5 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Baltimore City Garden Locations

Years ago, I went to a wedding held outside in the gardens of the Cylburn Arboretum. It was beautiful outside, but at 80+ degrees on July 4th weekend, everyone sweated.

You may also consider the Howard Pete Rawlings Conservatory & Botanical Gardens.

Both places have websites and the City manages them.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• minsu5minsu5 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

Also, I saw photos online of a ceremony held at Fort McHenry.

http://www.nps.gov/fomc/planyourvisit/permits.htm

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• I don't think I'm into a historic place, im sure my fiance would love that, lol. but i dont want my ceremony to be where a war battle was lol
  • Brookside Gardens?
    tPoz Photography - www.tpozphoto.com
    May 5, 2007 **MARRIED**
  • Cylburn is LOVELY ... and it was my first choice. The only reason I didnt go with them is because they charge everything a la carte (chair/table set up, chair/table take down, etc) and they have a list of caterers that you have to choose from I think.
  • I'm not sure about pricing, but the Elkridge Furnace Inn has a garden venue with the reception inside a tent. There was no way I was going to have an outdoor wedding (I'm allergic to grass pollen and a react terribly to mosquitoes), so I didn't look to closely at it, but I did go for dinner one night and it was fantastic.
  • Conservatory and cylburn are beautiful I looked and loved them both but they weren't in my budget. Not sure what area . Cearesville mansion and newton white mansion are gorgeous. I'm getting married at the Riggs alumnae center at the university of Maryland which is gorgeous
  • I'm looking at Cylburn as one of my top choices - I wasn't told of any extra charges for set up or take down though...
    I would like to look at the Rawlings Conservatory as well.
    Also Howard county  has a nature center that is about $2400 for a Sat I  believe. It's on their parks and rec site.
  • yes! The Cloisters Castle in Lutherville, MD. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards