Catholic Weddings
Options

Full mass timing survey.

How long is/was your mass?

How long is/was the gap between the end of your ceremony and the start of your reception?

Re: Full mass timing survey.

• Options
    My Mass was just about 60 minutes, give or take. Wr didnt have a gap -- reception site was about 20 minutes away, and cocktail hour started once guests arrived there

• Options
    We did the full mass and I believe it took around 1 hr and 15 min. Cocktail hour started about an hour later giving us time to do family pics and then guests either went home to change (culture thing) or went to the hotel to hop on the shuttle to the venue.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Our Mass was I think about 90 minutes (but we did some extra-long stuff.) And people milled around for another 30 minutes or so, and then the reception started 90 minutes after that. (about 30 minutes away.)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    oh, cool. Apparently that last post was my 1000th post, lol! (Not that anybody can tell that anymore!) 
    >:-(
    Anniversary
  • Options
    yay me! :-P
    /end threadjack
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yay! @Lalaith50!!

Our Mass was 70 minutes and we started about 5 minutes late (getting upstairs, not intentional). That meant we were about 3.15. Our cocktail hour officially started at 4, about 15 minutes away, but people were welcome inside and "started" as soon as they got there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our Mass will be right around an hour, depending on Father's homily and communion (which will depend in how many Catholics come to the wedding). The wedding will got from 3-4, and we figure it will take about 30 minutes to get out of the church and greet everyone, and then the cocktail hour starts at 5. Our reception venue is about 20 minutes from the church. We're figuring people will get there right about when it starts, and if they're early, the venue will just start serving early. Also, Father can be...verbose...so we built in extra time for that!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Ours was somewhere around an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes.  There was no gap -- the reception site was about a 20 minute drive from the church, and cocktail hour began as soon as guests started arriving.  The WP arrived at the church at the end of cocktail hour.
    Anniversary

• Options
    @lemclane, that's great you are able to have everything go later in the day.  What time do they have Saturday mass?

Our wedding is at 2, and we are anticipating it taking an hour.  We then have an hour for receiving line, formal pictures and what not in the church.  Mass on Saturdays is at 4:30, so we need to be out of the church by 4 for the ladies to start rosary.

Our cocktail hour starts at 4, but the venue won't shue people away if they get there early.  Ideally people will take their time, possibly stop at their hotel or what not before everything starts.
  • Options
    Ours starts at 3.  We expect it'll last about an hour, maybe slightly more.  We'll have a receiving line out front, but guests can dart out the back way if they want.  The reception venue is about 10 minutes away, and the cocktail hour officially starts at 4:30 (although they won't turn people away if they get there early).  We expect to get there around 5:15-5:20 with dinner at 5:30.
  • Options

ours was about an hour and fifteen minutes, no gap.  reception was 15 minutes away.

• Options
    Ours was about 60 minutes then bridal party/parents got photos and everyone else headed to the reception (about 5 mins away) and cocktails started at 5:15-6:30 when we showed up.
  • Options
    @lemclane, that's great you are able to have everything go later in the day.  What time do they have Saturday mass?

Our wedding is at 2, and we are anticipating it taking an hour.  We then have an hour for receiving line, formal pictures and what not in the church.  Mass on Saturdays is at 4:30, so we need to be out of the church by 4 for the ladies to start rosary.

Our cocktail hour starts at 4, but the venue won't shue people away if they get there early.  Ideally people will take their time, possibly stop at their hotel or what not before everything starts.
    We're getting married on a Sunday -- Oct. 13. So our only time constraint is that we can't get into the church to start decorating (and by "we" I mean "my florist") until after morning Mass, which starts at 10.30. We're planning on being there around noon for photos, setting up, getting ready, etc. We're doing most of the photos before Mass (me and my family, him and his family), but none of them together. But we're doing a first look photo outside by the grotto of Mary.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Our wedding was over about 2:15 and I believe our reception started at 3pm. So I guess we had about a 45 min gap mostly to allow people to get out of the church and to the reception venue which was about 15-20 min away. While we were doing additional pictures, we had appetizers and hor'dourves for our waiting guests before dinner was served.
  • Options
    Our mass was at 3pm and lasted about 1 hour 15 minutes... we had a gap of about the same length and our reception site was about 20 minutes away with social hour starting at 5:30pm.
  • Options

One hour and 15 minutes

The reception was about 20 minutes away but the grooms men set up a keg in the back of their SUV to kill time.  Unfortunatly, the pastor shut them down a tad bit later

• Options
    church said 1 was latest we could do ceremony ... fi church not mine ( i am not cathlolic venue will let us have reception at 7 thats the evening wedding schedule wont work for us... trying to get them to budge on the ceremony time at the church but confessionals are at 3 so.. not sure what to do
  • Options
    church said 1 was latest we could do ceremony ... fi church not mine ( i am not cathlolic venue will let us have reception at 7 thats the evening wedding schedule wont work for us... trying to get them to budge on the ceremony time at the church but confessionals are at 3 so.. not sure what to do

We are in a similar boat. Our wedding is at 2pm but reception isn't until 7pm although the wedding party can arrive at 5:30pm. It's mostly our fault because we weren't budging on the venue or church so were making it work even if the church and reception venue are an 1:15 mins apart.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

We are doing a full mass at 4p on a Friday. We anticipate it being anywhere from an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes-hardly anyone on my side will be receiving communion. Cocktails will start I would say 5:30 or when guest arrive at reception location (aprx 10 minutes away from church) and dinner I think we are hoping to serve at 6p or 6:30, have not se that yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards