New Hampshire

Portsmouth NH ceremony/reception sites

Hello!

I'm newly engaged and starting the hunt for both ceremony and reception venues in a 20 mile radius of Portsmouth where my fiance and I currently live. I'm shocked by the lack of information online about locations, and hoping to find some recommendations on this board. Our budget is around 10-15K, and ideally we would have a rustic, vintage wedding in Fall 2014! Thoughts? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Re: Portsmouth NH ceremony/reception sites

• There are alot of great locations, some depend on the number of guest.
    Abenaki Country Club, Rye
    Seacoast Science Center, Rye
    Portsmouth Harbor Events, Portsmouth
    Sheraton Harborside, Portsmouth
    Portsmouth Country Club, Greenland
    Wentworth Country Club, Rye
    Ashworth By the Sea, Hampton
    The Meeting house at the Union Bluff, York
    Regatta, Eliot
    Cliff House, York
    Portsmouth Elks Club, Portsmouth
    Seaglass, Salisbury, MA
    Ocean Front Pavilion, Hampton

Here are the most popular venues in the area. I may have missed a few.
  • Is that your entire budget or food budget?

I trump all the Kitties with cuteness!!! Bhahahahaha!!!

• My fiance and I booked the Governor John Langdon House gardens for our ceremony and the Sheraton Harborside Hotel for reception!  Both fabulous venues and great people to work with.
  • Make sure to check out Flag Hill Winery in Lee.  My best friend is getting married there in September and it's great!  Christine is the coordinator, and she's very accommodating and has great ideas.  Caryn (my bf) also hired vendors right from their recommended list.  She is using Chickadee Hill cakes, Lori D. Entertainment, Northeast Uplights for a photo booth, Geneve Hoffman photographer and Cymbidium Flowers and all of them have been really great to work with too.  Her budget was 15k, and it all came together for her.  Definitely check them out!
  • My Fi and I are getting married at Portsmouth Country Club. Of the places we looked in the Portsmouth area we found it most affordable for the size we needed and it had a place for an outdoor ceremony. Sue and Kevin are really nice and no pressure. I also second Flag Hill. Check them out. Beautiful venue and gorgeous grounds.
    Anniversary
  • My friend go married at Governor John Langdon House gardens. It was beautiful!

• We're currently looking into the red hook brewery - price seems potentially workable (our total budget is 12,000) and we really like their beers. But I think overall we will be throwing a very casual affair because of our budget constraints.
  • I've been to a wedding at Red Hook and it was really fun!  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That's great to hear! I can't find much for pictures online but we just want to have a good time!
  • If you are looking for a rustic feel on a budget, you should look into the Hilton-Winn Farm in Cape Neddick.  The are a teaching farm/summer camp, but they offer the Farm for events and do weddings there all the time.  The scenery is beautiful people are allowed to camp out on the grounds overnight.  Great for a budget too, because if I recall correctly, the rental fee is only $2,000.
  • I went to a Red Hook wedding in December. We really enjoyed it. They added a tour for us which was fun and the food was great. They paid about $25 a person, plus venue fees etc.. to do it indoors.

The indoor space for the ceremony was REALLY cramped for about 100 people and the ceiling was really bad for sound so we didn't hear any of the ceremony. The reception room was really nice, but again, bad ceiling for sound so we didn't really hear the music.

If I were going to do a Red Hook Wedding (which we considered), we would've done it outdoors.

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards