Wedding Reception Forum

Bathroom Toiletries

I know a list if things to put in women's bathrooms, but people also do the mens? if so, what would you put i that box?

Re: Bathroom Toiletries

• Why are you worrying about this? They will not remember the scented soap in the bathroom, but they will remember the quality of the food. Spend your $$ on that, instead!
  • If you want to do it, fine, but don't spend too much money or time worrying about it.  For the men's, I would include mints/gum, hand lotion (vaseline brand or something like that), tissues, tums/antacid, and bandaids.  You could also throw in some ibuprofen or tylenol if it's also going in the basket for the women's restroom.
  • I went to a wedding where the couple had put a large display of Bath&Body Works hand sanitizers (pocketbacs) and at the very end of the night they gave me a lot of them because no one took or used them. I wouldn't waste your money. Upgrade the bath tissue if it is of poor quality and provide Kleenexes since I find most public restrooms do not have these.
  • Why are you worrying about this? They will not remember the scented soap in the bathroom, but they will remember the quality of the food. Spend your $$ on that, instead!

Trust me, I am not sacrificing good food for toiletries.

Just asked what others do. Now I know. thanks everyone

• I wouldn't do a men's basket.  I mentioned this to my DH when we were planning and he laughed.  He'd never use anything.  I was going to do a women's basket, but never got around to it and figured most people can manage for 5 hours.  If you wanted to do it, lotion, hand sanitizer, bandaids, tampons, and aspirin should be fine.
  • I put one in both bathrooms.  I went to the travel section at walgreens and bought a few of each:  mouthwash, dental floss, lotion, hair spray, sunscreen (out wedding was outdoors), advil, aspirin, tide stainstick, and then added tampons and maxipads for the women's bathroom.  It cost me less than $25.00 and some things were used.  I still had a lot left over, but it's not like I can't use that stff at home.

• pretty much every venue here does that automatically. in the mens are the floss pics, tide pens, safety pins, sugar free gum, qtips.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards