Chit Chat
Options

Let's get tacky...

Alright, I was so inspired by all of the responses I got on my thread about the horrible Etsy find... so let's just see how tacky we can get.  I'm thinking your best Pinterest and/or Etsy finds, but where ever you find it is fine!

Here's my first submission:

PS:  Pre-sorry for anyone taking offense... none intended!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Let's get tacky...

• Options
  • Options
    I have something similar, but not nearly as fancy, at home. It's just a jar that I throw all of my loose change into (as well as bottle deposit money, and any lottery winnings). Once I have enough to roll, the roll gets put in a small box. It's amazing how much a person can accumulate when it comes to change!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How does one get the dollar bills out of that jug? Do you have to break it open? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    If anyone posts anything chicken, we're gonna have to have words :P

Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    I could do this all day really...

Anniversary

• Options
    Ditto PPs about @smalfrie19's post. FI and I have one of those, but it's on the sideboard and it's where we stow loose change and whatnot. No one other than us EVER puts money into it. I got the idea from 'UP!', actually.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    sxyktn812 said:

@smalfrie19, I totally get what you're saying there.... With that said, I'd make one of those in a heartbeat at something to have at home for spare change (hopefully what that one was meant for!) :) it's adorable!
    Maybe I should have prefaced. If you have a jar like this AT YOU WEDDING this is tacky. FI and I also have a Coke glass (like the ones you get from McDonalds every year ) one blue and one brown that we drop all of our spare change into for the wedding (none of it is factored into our budget). 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I like the nails but wouldn't be able to wear them due to where I work. They would be fun for a night out though. When I was a kid I had a jar like that I would put change and allowance money in (I would roll up the paper money straw style and scotch tape them so I wouldn't have to break the bottle). I got a ton of money doing that, maybe I should start again lol. BF saves his change to pay for video games.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    I'm driving FI crazy by saying the big jar is for quarters only; the coffee can is for pennies; the mason jar is for dimes; and the bell jar is for nickels. He thinks I'm crazy.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    lemclane said:
    I'm driving FI crazy by saying the big jar is for quarters only; the coffee can is for pennies; the mason jar is for dimes; and the bell jar is for nickels. He thinks I'm crazy.
    Our blue glass is for silver and our brown is for pennies :D 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't get why the fingernails are tacky?
    'Tacky' is usually a matter of taste, I think...

Originally I was going to put these beauties
    but then I thought, 'they're not really for a wedding, just paying homage to someone else's wedding'.  Unless of course I'm wrong, and this is how Kate Middleton wore her nails for her wedding :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If anyone posts anything chicken, we're gonna have to have words :P

LOL Pele, I really don't know which is the worst...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NerdyLucyNerdyLucy member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    Omg, I can NOT get through the first 10 minutes of that movie without crying my eyes out.

No one can. It's practically a rule that you must cry.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    lemclane said:
    Ditto PPs about @smalfrie19's post. FI and I have one of those, but it's on the sideboard and it's where we stow loose change and whatnot. No one other than us EVER puts money into it. I got the idea from 'UP!', actually.
    Omg, I can NOT get through the first 10 minutes of that movie without crying my eyes out.

So does this UP! E-Session and Wedding make you cry? I was absolutely bawling when I was looking at it for the first time. FI thinks I'm freaking nuts.

http://wildflowersphotos.com/2010/05/an-up-inspired-engagement-shoot/

http://wildflowersphotos.com/2010/07/james-lynnettes-wedding-up-up-amazing/

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    Every time one of my coworkers begins a sentence with "so I saw this totally cute idea for your wedding on Pinterest..." I want to punch myself in my rustic, vintage-country-chic face. Pinterest is basically a blue print on how to have the tackiest wedding ever and I am feeling inspired to find something truly heinous now.
  • Options
    Every time one of my coworkers begins a sentence with "so I saw this totally cute idea for your wedding on Pinterest..." I want to punch myself in my rustic, vintage-country-chic face. Pinterest is basically a blue print on how to have the tackiest wedding ever and I am feeling inspired to find something truly heinous now.
    I flipping agree! The next time i hear someone say the word BURLAP in conjunction with wedding or MASON JAR. I am going to junk punch someone! 

Not that I think anyone here who may be having a "rustic/countr chic/vintage" wedding is in the wrong..but its completely overdone 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    Love it, @NYCMercedes. In keeping with the animal theme, here is the lovely union of two dogs.image
  • Options
    Camo themed wedding cake, anyone? Complete with ornamental mallard.
  • Options
    This denim wedding gown:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Or,
    EEEEeeeee!  That is ART!  Heehee.  Oh wait, does that count as a mini bride?  Should I feel guilty right now for thinking that is totally cute?

So emotionally confused...

Anniversary

• Options
    Or anything else Pnina Tournai, honestly.
  • Options
    Camo themed wedding cake, anyone? Complete with ornamental mallard.
    Without the mallard it would just look silly. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    d2vad2va member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    snippet17 said:
    OH GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE
  • Options
    Ha ha!!  I love gypsy wedding dresses!!  I don't know how they can even stand up with all that weight

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards