Luxury Weddings

Your venue

Since you can no longer see where people are from, please post where you are from and the location/venue where you are getting married. 

I live in Buffalo right now, but I lived in NJ (Bergen County) my whole life and am getting married at the W in Hoboken, NJ.

Re: Your venue

• My first wedding reception was at the InterContiental Harbor Court (was not InterContinental then) at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. I was living in Maryland at the time. This time, we got married on Wilson Island, which is in Queensland Australia. We live in Arizona.

• I live in Phoenix, AZ and I'm getting married in Maui, HI at Haiku Mill :-)
  • I live in upstate ny. In a small town about 20-30 minutes fromBuffalo. We're getting married on a private beach in Siesta Key fl.
  • @elizabetheleven, which small town near Buffalo? I live in a town near Buffalo, too. It starts with an L. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to be specific.
  • We are currently based in Tel Aviv, but we are having our wedding in mid-Michigan, where I grew up, in September 2014. We aren't sure of the venue yet, but we are actively looking! We will choose after we travel to MI this summer or fall and are able to tour the venues. 

We will also be having a smaller party in Tel Aviv, after we get married, for our friends and family here who will be unable to make it to the actual wedding. (We're doing it this way because my family, alone, is about a million times bigger than his family AND our groups of friends. ;)
  • I'm in Ohio. We are getting married at our church, but the reception is at a private country club where they hold a major PGA tournament. My  FI is super excited that they let us take pictures anywhere on the golf course.
  • I got married at a beach club in Cape May, NJ.  Not really luxurious to look at.   However, our food was catered by a 5 star restaurant. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm in Ohio. We are getting married at our church, but the reception is at a private country club where they hold a major PGA tournament. My  FI is super excited that they let us take pictures anywhere on the golf course.
    I lived in Columbus for 3 years. Is it in Columbus?
  • No it's in Akron. It's Firestone Country Club.

• I live in Hawaii, but getting married in Estes Park, CO. (FI hometown) At a lodge, in September!
  • lyndausvi said:
    I got married at a beach club in Cape May, NJ.  Not really luxurious to look at.   However, our food was catered by a 5 star restaurant. 

Meant to comment on this before, but I guess I forgot! I grew up near Cape May (kinda) on a barrier island in South Jersey.

• lyndausvi said:
    I got married at a beach club in Cape May, NJ.  Not really luxurious to look at.   However, our food was catered by a 5 star restaurant. 

Meant to comment on this before, but I guess I forgot! I grew up near Cape May (kinda) on a barrier island in South Jersey.
    I didn't.  LOL.  

I grew up outside of Philly/Wilmington DE.  DH on Long Island.    My parents have beach house in Rehoboth.   We were living in the USVI, but it was just too expensive for our families to come to us. Their presence meant more to us than location.     So we came to them so-to-speak.   Cape May had the best venue for our needs.   Everyone still had to travel, but it's wasnt like coming to St Thomas.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm from Milwaukee and I'm getting married at the Woman's Club of WI. Fun fact: it is the oldest Woman's Club in the country! It's in a cream city brick building right off the lakefront and it's filled with plush sofas, dark and rich Oriental rugs and dark wood. Now I'm going to Google all your venues!
  • FI and I are getting married at the Brownstone in NJ.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We live in Phoenix, AZ and we're getting married at the Phoenix Country Club.
  • lschwar2lschwar2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    As in RHONJ Caroline Manzo's Brownstone?!?!?!!

FI and I are getting married at the Brownstone in NJ.

• @lschwar2, that is a pretty popular place to get married in Bergen County where I'm from. They do some really gorgeous weddings and the food is to die for. My friend who got married there said the sushi was automatically included in the package. @gisellerina, are you getting sushi? 
  • @AndreaJulia, we are not having sushi (as much as I love it).  We are having a vintage 1920s wedding and all of our cocktails/hors d'ouerves/menu choices are based on our research into 1920s menus - I (sadly) did not find anything indicating sushi was a popular choice back then!
  • Since you can no longer see where people are from, please post where you are from and the location/venue where you are getting married. 

I live in Buffalo right now, but I lived in NJ (Bergen County) my whole life and am getting married at the W in Hoboken, NJ.
    I know I've asked this before but can I come?

We got married in a traditional wedding venue in Northern NJ.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Haha...Sure, why not? 
  • We got married at a brewery.  We love beer.  :)

That's AWESOME! What a cool idea!

• We love craft beer and touring breweries :)

• We're in northern california, and we're getting married at Auberge du Soleil in Rutherford (Napa Valley).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• AmJam04 said:
    We're in northern california, and we're getting married at Auberge du Soleil in Rutherford (Napa Valley).
    That looks gorgeous! Will a lot of people stay over?
  • The rooms there start at about $900/night, so no, only FI and I will be staying there weekend-of. Other guests will be staying at a more reasonable hotel about 30 mins away (unfortunately, that's one of the closest "affordable" hotels in the area! I couldn't believe it! Oh well, that's why we're providing transportation, lol)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I am from PA, but we are getting married at The Park Savoy Estate in Florham Park, NJ.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lschwar2 said:
    As in RHONJ Caroline Manzo's Brownstone?!?!?!!
    FI and I are getting married at the Brownstone in NJ.
    Yes, that Brownstone LOL.  I never watched the show and only went to visit the venue based on several recommendations from friends and family members who have been there.  I keep hearing that the food is amazing so I can't wait.
    Anniversary

• @lschwar2, that is a pretty popular place to get married in Bergen County where I'm from. They do some really gorgeous weddings and the food is to die for. My friend who got married there said the sushi was automatically included in the package. @gisellerina, are you getting sushi? 
    The sushi station is in the top priced package.  What I like about them that most venues don't do is that I am able to customize our menu and take bits and pieces from each menu that we want and the price will be based on that.
    Anniversary

• Since you can no longer see where people are from, please post where you are from and the location/venue where you are getting married. 

We were thinking of the W in Hoboken.  Its gorgeous!
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards