Luxury Weddings

Your venue

Re: Your venue

• @lschwar2, that is a pretty popular place to get married in Bergen County where I'm from. They do some really gorgeous weddings and the food is to die for. My friend who got married there said the sushi was automatically included in the package. @gisellerina, are you getting sushi? 
    The sushi station is in the top priced package.  What I like about them that most venues don't do is that I am able to customize our menu and take bits and pieces from each menu that we want and the price will be based on that.

I was able to mix and match from different packages as well to create a completely custom menu. So, it ended up being a bit more expensive, but I got exactly what I wanted. If you haven't chosen already, it's fun to sit down and figure out it! Enjoy :)

• I'm getting married at Los Willows in Fallbrook (San Diego). It's a private wedding estate with a "lake" (more like a pond). A little boat brings me and my dad over to the ceremony, which overlooks the "lake."

Anniversary

• I am from PA, but we are getting married at The Park Savoy Estate in Florham Park, NJ.
    Us too! (We are both from NJ though.) Have you had your tasting yet?
  • akaneli said:
    I am from PA, but we are getting married at The Park Savoy Estate in Florham Park, NJ.
    Not yet! Have you? We are so excited for the tasting because we've heard great things about the food!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lots of Jersey Girls on here :) I grew up there, but did not marry there either time. Seems like I'm missing out! LOL

• akaneli said:
    I am from PA, but we are getting married at The Park Savoy Estate in Florham Park, NJ.
    Not yet! Have you? We are so excited for the tasting because we've heard great things about the food!

No we are having ours in July. I'm excited because I heard the same wonderful things about their food! At the same time I'm nervous because we had initially wanted a tasting before booking just in case WE didn't think the food was as good as their reviews. :/ I'm crossing my fingers!
  • Lots of Jersey Girls on here :) I grew up there, but did not marry there either time. Seems like I'm missing out! LOL

It's ok we'll still show you Jersey love!:D
  • I am from PA, but we are getting married at The Park Savoy Estate in Florham Park, NJ.
    I am getting married there too! Our wedding is July 6th. When is yours?
  • akaneli said:
    Lots of Jersey Girls on here :) I grew up there, but did not marry there either time. Seems like I'm missing out! LOL

I'm heading back over the 4th of July for my brother's wedding. I can't wait to hit the beach!

• Lots of July and NJ weddings! I am also getting married in NJ in July. July 5th to be exact. 

*I changed my screenname, but it's easy to figure out.
  • akaneli said:
    Lots of Jersey Girls on here :) I grew up there, but did not marry there either time. Seems like I'm missing out! LOL

I'm heading back over the 4th of July for my brother's wedding. I can't wait to hit the beach!
    The shore.  You can't wait to hit the shore.    :-p  

I will be in Rehoboth for the 4th of July.  We are going to try and get over to Cape May.  We love the Lobster House.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Hey everyone!  Chiming in late as I legit just realized this board existed (I don't wander around the different boards much.)  Another NJ girl here - but we got married at Chatham Bars Inn on Cape Cod.
    Anniversary
  • lyndausvi said:
    akaneli said:

I will be in Rehoboth for the 4th of July.  We are going to try and get over to Cape May.  We love the Lobster House.

Busted. LMAO. I guess I never really said "'I'm going to the Shore" since my family lives on one of the islands. So I'm technically already there when I'm home.

I went to school in Maryland and always heard "Ocean City" so I used "shore" vs. "beach" to figure out which OC the person was going to- OCMD or OCNJ. However, it was also pretty obvious based on the crowd. If they were partying it was always OCMD! I'm heading to OCNJ when I get home for some Manco and Manco (still hard to not call it Mack and Manco.)

• Being from DE and my parents having a place there and then going to Avalon most summers with friends I was always having to switch back and forth.    In the USVI it was always just the beach.  Especially after Jersey Shore came out.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2013

I think it's probably because of the nature of a typical Jersey wedding. Other people think they're all luxury weddings when we just think they're normal.  I got married in Bergen County too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @Hoboken- I think you're right. It's almost expected to have a larger, more expensive wedding when you live in the NJ/NY area. Anything less is considered "different" and "odd." I didn't get married in NJ for one reason: I didn't want my family to control my decisions since I lived in MD. I did have my bridal shower in NJ, though. It was held at Renault Winery.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just found this board and i LOVE it! We live in Manhattan and are getting married at the Centra Park Boathouse :)
  • We currently have 5 venues on our shortlist, and 4 backup venues. xD The two that consistently stand out for us, however, not having seen any yet, are The Roostertail and The Henry Ford, both in Detroit. The Colony Club is pretty fantastic, too. :)
  • I'm getting married in our hometown of Chicago in the Great Hall of Union Station. It's actually a big train station but the Great Hall is the original section and all this beautiful pink marble and columns and grand staircases. They close the hall off from the rest of the train statin. It's a gorgeous piece of Chicago history.
  • alm&mdm said:
    I'm getting married in our hometown of Chicago in the Great Hall of Union Station. It's actually a big train station but the Great Hall is the original section and all this beautiful pink marble and columns and grand staircases. They close the hall off from the rest of the train statin. It's a gorgeous piece of Chicago history.
    Sounds amazing! It will be awesome to be surrounded by history.

• We're in NY. Wedding was at a private estate, the vow renewal will take place at a historical palace by the sea in Italy.
  • KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    lyndausvi said:
    akaneli said:

I eat at the Lobster House at least once a month....LOVE their chowder.

Cape May is like our 2nd home!
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lyndausvi said:
    I got married at a beach club in Cape May, NJ.  Not really luxurious to look at.   However, our food was catered by a 5 star restaurant. 

Meant to comment on this before, but I guess I forgot! I grew up near Cape May (kinda) on a barrier island in South Jersey.
    Which barrier island? We have a beach house on Long Beach Island. (Well, had. Hurricane Sandy flooded it and it is currently being torn down and rebuilt. Next summer we will "have" a home there.)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

•  

lyndausvi said:
    I got married at a beach club in Cape May, NJ.  Not really luxurious to look at.   However, our food was catered by a 5 star restaurant. 

Meant to comment on this before, but I guess I forgot! I grew up near Cape May (kinda) on a barrier island in South Jersey.
    Which barrier island? We have a beach house on Long Beach Island. (Well, had. Hurricane Sandy flooded it and it is currently being torn down and rebuilt. Next summer we will "have" a home there.)
    I'm just south of LBI in Brigantine. The damage there was not quite as bad. All of my familys' homes had to have their crawl space gutted and redone.

•  

lyndausvi said:

I'm just south of LBI in Brigantine. The damage there was not quite as bad. All of my familys' homes had to have their crawl space gutted and redone.
    Nice - I've heard of it but haven't ever been there. Also, glad to hear that the damage was minimal.  We went down to LBI in early November and were pretty shocked - we got no water during Irene, and then one year later, we were hit really badly. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• KDM323KDM323 member

lyndausvi said:

Seriously?  My fiance's family lives on Brigantine!!!
  •  

lyndausvi said:

Seriously?  My fiance's family lives on Brigantine!!!
    Too funny! My parents were born and raised there and most of my family is still there :)

• KDM323KDM323 member
    If you're ever in town let me know and we'll have to get together and gossip about weddings or something!
  • I got married at a beach club in Cape May, NJ.  Not really luxurious to look at.   However, our food was catered by a 5 star restaurant. 

OMG!!! I love your bully!  I've got two English Bully kids!image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards