Chit Chat
Options

Friend's SO -- Update

On Thursday, I posted about my MOH's relationship with her SO. (Original post here --> clicky). 

Today, she tells me the engagement is off.

They're not getting married, ever.

But she's still wearing the engagement ring.

And he's still moving in with her/her daughter this weekend.

Her relationship status is no longer listed on her FB page anywhere.

His went from "In a relationship with MOH" to "In a relationship."

Apparently, the living together is something of a trial run to see if she and he want to be married. She's 46. He's 45. She's been married and divorced. 

I have no idea what to make of this. None. 

But I wanted to update everyone who took the time to comment -- thank you! And @smalfrie19, THIS is how you can be "only a little bit broken up.' :)
Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'

Re: Friend's SO -- Update

• Options
    LOLS! I think your friend needs to LET GO! If they aren't engaged and they aren't EVER going to get married? why move in and do a test run?

Your friend makes my head hurt, my friend.

xo
    Anniversary
  • Options
    LOLS! I think your friend needs to LET GO! If they aren't engaged and they aren't EVER going to get married? why move in and do a test run?

xo
    Couldn't. Agree. More. They've been "dating" for more than two years. They're both old enough to know if this is something they want, if they can make this work, etc. This whole "trial run" thing strikes me as him begging her for another chance and her not being willing to just call it off.

And if you think this makes YOUR head hurt...she still wants him to be invited to the wedding (duh -- he's her SO), BUT, she wants to be seated at a table not with him, but with cute, single men so she can see what else is out there.

I need a drink.
    Anniversary

• Options
    lemclane said:

xo
    Couldn't. Agree. More. They've been "dating" for more than two years. They're both old enough to know if this is something they want, if they can make this work, etc. This whole "trial run" thing strikes me as him begging her for another chance and her not being willing to just call it off.

And if you think this makes YOUR head hurt...she still wants him to be invited to the wedding (duh -- he's her SO), BUT, she wants to be seated at a table not with him, but with cute, single men so she can see what else is out there.

I need a drink.
    NO NO NO NO NO! He can either be invited as her SO and sit with him!!! Or she can be invited ALONE and flirt with the cute men! 

I vote option 2! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Or him saying he doesn't want to get married again, period, and her deluding herself into thinking she can change his mind with some time. ETA; I would flat out tell her that she is being seated with her date. If she doesn't want to sit with him, don't bring him.
    It's actually the reverse -- SHE doesn't think SHE wants to get married again; HE thinks he can change her mind. Agree, though, that's he's effing delusional.

And, yes. She gets to be seated at the same table with him (we're doing assigned tables, not assigned seats). She can then either sit next to him or not, as she chooses, but I'm not putting them at separate tables.

Also, even though I haven't officially started seating charts yet (uhm...hello, my wedding is four damn months away!!), I've already got enough problems with family members who can't be seated near each other for fear of harsh words; I don't have the mental energy to deal with someone not liking the date they brought.
    Anniversary

• Options
    lemclane said:

xo

I need a drink.
    Oh, FFS.  I have absolutely no patience for people as irrational as this.  I agree that she should either not bring him or agree to sit at the same table as him.  This is absolutely ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards