African American Weddings
Options

Recap and Pictures

Hey Sissys,

How are you?  Happy Tuesday. I am back and on the other side of this thing I am finally a Mrs. I am so happy.  The wedding was wonderful, the honeymoon was even better and now I am back to reality. It was definitely a dream come true. My wedding was perfect.  I enjoyed every minute of it.  I dont really have much to tell but my pictures will tell the story and my video. My weding prep began on Thursday with going to Sam's to buy the food fo the rehearsal dinner.  So Hubby and I got up so we could be there at 7 for business hours so we could be in and out. That went PERFECT!  We got in and out literally in a half hour and we were getting food for 100 people that were attending the rehearsal dinner.  That was the good thing. The bad thing that happened was the job that I interveiwed for in Atlanta called me and told me that after my second interview I didnt get the job. Yes, the Thursday before the wedding you call me and let me know I am not getting the job that I really wanted. I COMPLETELY fell apart and broke down which caused us to run late to drop me off for my massage and facial but then hubby comforted me and siad look we in this thing together.  DOnt worry about it.  So i said hey what God has for me is for me and I need to have faith. So I bounced back from that. So made it to my facial and massage late but still made it so God is good.  Then the rest of the day went of fiine.  We just ran around and did errands and I finished up the last few things I needed to do.  Friday it was on and popping. I had my former students who are now like my little sisters up and moving and getting things together.  We made the food for the rehearsal dinner that morning and was on our way out to decorate the space for the rehearsal dinner.  That went well and it totally rocked. THe space was decorated so nicely. I dont have pictures of that yet but hopefully my photographer will get those our to me soon so yall can see.  Then we had rehearsal.  It was a litle jacked because people were trying to tell me what to do. I said no this is the way its going to be and that's it. So after that it worked out.  then we all went to th rehearsal dinner which was a HUGE HIT. People really loved the idea of the rehearsal reception instead of an official rehearsal dinner.  It was really informal but nice and classy at the same time.  So it was nice.  We gave the bridal party their gifts...and YES FOOTBALL WIFE THEY LOVED THE ROBES!!!!!! Loved them.  they were really appreciative.  But the hangers and the cluthches that I gave them were a hit as well.  But the robes were a smash hit.  Friday night hubby went out to his bachelor party and I went to my room and just chilled.  Saturday morning I woke up at 5am and couldnt go back to sleep. So I prayed and then just started texting my friend Candice and she talked to me until it was time for her to get her kids together. By that time it was time for me to get up and get ready to get my hair and make up done.  So I showered changed and was out.  Getting my hair done was uneventful just nice and relaxing.  But the unfortunate thing was after I got my hair done it started raining but it worked out because my MOH met me at the salon with an Umbrella.  She was a life saver.  So on my way back to the hotel my maid of honor was supposed to be following me but I had to make a stop so we ended up getting separated and then her phone went dead and then she went missing. For like two hours. And no one could find her. We were so worried especially because she is 6 months pregnant.  I called her husband and we even called the shop and no one had seen her. So we had to stop everything and try to figure out what was happening.  We didnt know her phone was dead so as we are about to start out an all out search she makes to the hotel. Basically she got lost because she didnt have her GPS because her phone was dead and then because it was raining there was an accident so she just got al messed up.  So after that it was back into full wedding mode.I started getting ready but just moving in slow motion.  because I still had an hour before my photo got there. So i ate and just relaxed.  Then it was time....so I just did what I did and made it do what it do.  and before I knew it, it was wedding time.  Everything pretty much went ok.  The only that did not go my way on my wedding was it started late even though I stressed the imporantance of wanting to start on time no one listened.  I ended up having a total break down and being really upset when I finally walked down the aisle as you can see from the pictures of my walking down the aisle.  But other than  that it was perfect.  I was happy and ultimately I have my man.  He makes me so happy. So very happy....as Alicia Key and Maxwell say...The Fire we make.....

THe honeymoon was the bomb!  LOVED IT! We went to Jamaica and stayed the Iberostar Grand. It was so wonderful especially since we had a butler and they basically catered to our every need.  I mean everything.  I loved the people there, the atmosphere, and the food.  It was great!  Loved it loved it loved it.  I will upload a few pics from the honeymoon in my next post. 

But all in all I am very happy that everyhing went ok.  I am a little sad now because hubby has returned to Atlanta and we will be apart for the next five weeks. Like I wont even ge to see him except for skype.  Right now I am in the process of packing up my house and still looking for a job so that is keeping me busy but yesterday I was very very depressed.  But I will be ok....Love you guys though...hope you enjoy the video and pics! If you dont have anything to do at work I hope this will entertain you.

Video from reception

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpHJQT4JLHA

Pictures

www.jaybuc.com/wedding

and more pictures

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=dd4834c27c34d867&sid=0AYt27Vk0YsWjCFA

antother video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpzedfnIenQ

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Recap and Pictures

• Options
    OMG when i say that you looked BEAUTIFUL girl U LOOKED BEAUTIFUL LOL.....i loved the colors and the dress. You and Hubby rocked the dance floor (now if only i can get this man to dance SMH) despite losing a bm im soo glad it all worked out and yes i saw the pout moment LOL DEAD LOL....i knw you was like this is my day damnit when are we starting LOL....but overall you were glowing and you can see the love between you and hubby and thats whats up!... I loved loved loved the dancing, everything was on point and everybody did what they were supposed to do....i was here jamming right along with you... CONGRATS AGAIN MRS ROLAND MAY GOD BLESS YOUR UNION WITH YEARS OF LOVE AND HAPPINESS

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    DIVAA!! now you know #shedidthat.. team Roland in the house for real.. ok here we go so im sorry about the BM.. thank God for the MOH.. cool idea with the rehersal dinner..im sorry about the job.. just like the HUSBAND said what God has for you is for you . im glad all the other events leading up to the wedding was relaxing.. I could see in the pictures you look like you were going to knock someone out because you were late.. but I saw that when you saw Husband everything turned around. So glad that you enjoyed the honeymoon.. and ughh to the packing.. I hate packing..so to the video.. I loved the team roland video super cute. and I watched the whole dance video.. yaasss!! diva you broke that dance down...i thought the harlem shake was funny and the guy had your veil..lol, you switch dresses loved that it was fun and sassy.. and you sang too... EXCUSE ME.. this lady shut the reception down and then I love you guys took them to church in the end..

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    Congrats!! You were absolutely beautiful! Yall looked like yall had a blast! Congrats again!!
  • Options

Welcome back Mrs.!!!! I'm so thrilled to hear that your day turned out great

The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options

Great recap!  Beautiful!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Options

Congrats MRS.... Thanks for the share... sooooo many pics and the videos.... felt like I was there

and YES.. GOD  has it under control... you will get the perfect job that HE has for you....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Great recap! Beautiful!!! Can u give me the details on the BM robes, please!
  • Options
    Congrats MRS!!! Let me first say that you looked gorgeous! Im so happy that everything worked out well for you. I saw nothing but LOVE in you and your husband. I wish you a happy, blessed, lifelong marriage. And dont let the job offer get you down. Our FATHER has something better in store for you!
    Mrs. Mosley 2 be
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey MRS ROLAND!!!!!! I'm so glad everyone liked them robes! I thought they were pretty, plus they were affordable! did you ever get them monogrammed? Your pictures turned out really really nice!!! pic 125 and 126- PRINT AND FRAME!!!!! ADORABLE! Ya'll look so so so HAPPY! That 2nd video I'm glad It was only 30 seconds. I didn't realize it was a slide show i was like OH SHYT, i'm bout to cry lol! that first video- ya'll tore it up! When you hit that kid and play!!!!!! aaaaahhhh thats my stuff! You guys are WAY FUN! I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful day and enjoyed your honeymoon! I'm sorry about the job but yes your HUUUUSBAND said it best- you in it TOGETHER. CONGRATS AGAIN!!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!  You looked beautiful and the wedding looked great.  Keep the faith with your job hunt and I understand what it means to miss your man (your hubby in your case).  The five weeks will fly by faster than you think. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    Hey Mrs!!!! Thanks for coming back and sharing your wedding recap with us!!  You look beautiful and looks like you all had a wonderful time.  Congratulations Mrs!

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options
    rmasokarmasoka member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Ranyatta!!!! Yay!!! Welcome to the other side. U looked gorgeous. Love love Ur dress. Everything was beautiful and fun. Keep Ur eyes focused on HIM to provide a job at the right time. Take care
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What a lovely day. You looked stunning. Your makeup was just beautiful and natural. The love you share is obvious in the both of you. Thanks for sharing. It looked like a fun day.  Be encouraged on the job thing, you have God and a wonderful man, your husbadn by your side

Congrats !

PS I sent you a PM
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aww congrats Mrs.... 
    you and hubby look so happy 
    girl you were cheesing lol...... 
    love the  clutch idea for the bm.... 
    you will find the perfect job in ATL :) 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools