Chit Chat

Vegas Wedding-Hotel or Chapel?

So we have decided to get married in Vegas in October. I have done some research but everything seems to be overwhelming and the point of getting married in Vegas was a stress free wedding! Does anyone have recommendations for a hotel or chapel? Our budget is low. $1000 or less for the actual ceremony.Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vegas Wedding-Hotel or Chapel?

• Also, we want something classy, not cheesy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Hotel then.
    Agree for the vast majority of chapels I've seen out there... My friend had a very classy wedding at Bellagio, I think it was, but not cheap at all, so that's probably out.
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Agree about the hotel also if you aren't looking for quick (and cheesy). We had a friend do a wedding at the Venetian, but I think they shelled out thousands for it. 

Honestly, most Vegas wedding venues that aren't cheesy will probably charge a lot because they've sort of got a monopoly. If you aren't dead-set on Vegas, you might be able to find something lovely and cheaper closer to home. Maybe still do a Vegas mini-moon?

Also, cross post this on the Vegas board for more specific recommendations. 
  • There are a lot of options in Vegas, just take the time to look at all the packages and I'm sure you'll find something you like and in your budget. It took us a few weeks but finally found what we wanted.
  • Come on over to the Vegas board, lots of good ideas there! DH and I got married at the Chapel of the Flowers. Definitely not at all cheesy, gorgeous chapel and grounds, excellent staff. I think ceremonies start at about $200.

Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Post your question on the Las Vegas board. Be sure to mention the "classy, not cheesy" part too. Vegas brides love it when people post asking for their help and then call their weddings cheesy.
  • missax said:
    Also, we want something classy, not cheesy!

Post your question on the Las Vegas board. Be sure to mention the "classy, not cheesy" part too. Vegas brides love it when people post asking for their help and then call their weddings cheesy.
    None of the ladies (and gent) on the Vegas board would take offense to this at all. As a Vegas bride I know exactly what she means by cheesy.

I'm a Vegas bride too. Define cheesy.
  • Elvis impersonator officiant, rent a gown, 80s decor
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a Vegas bride too :) 

Basically everyone we tell about Vegas has the same first impression, that's it going to be really tacky or cheesy, so we are used to that! 

From my research, the hotel chapels are much more expensive than the traditional Vegas chapel idea which have ceremonies starting for $200-300.  I was speaking to a co-worker today who got married at the Chapel of Flowers in an outside ceremony.  It sounded gorgeous, plus it was broadcast on the internet for friends and family back home.  If you are eloping just the two of you, you could easily do that plus treat yourself to a great meal!  Come and join us on the Vegas board anyway, everyone is so lovely and helpful and happy to share everything they find out, I'd be lost without them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards