Chit Chat

Being ready

swimmy1988swimmy1988 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited May 2013 in Chit Chat
My wedding is 25 days away.
Yet I'm starting to worry I'll forget something vital to take with me. The wedding is about a 5 hour drive from where we live now. And I'm spending the days leading up to the wedding in my hometown, which is about 4 hours away from where we live now. (3 hours from where the wedding is - seems like a quasi-destination wedding almost) Is it crazy that I want to start packing a suitcase now? lol
I mean with important wedding things such as the rings, my garter set, shoes, the card box and favour boxes?
My dress and veil are at my mom's so won't have to worry about that.

I feel like I'm being crazy for wanting to pack so early, but at the same time, I tend to forget things when rushed.

How did you prep for your wedding?
Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

Re: Being ready

• I was afraid I'd forget something too. We got married about an hour away from where we live and we don't have a car so it would have been a real hassle to have to take the train back and forth to get stuff. We managed to pack all the important wedding stuff. The only thing I forgot was floss (I floss every day so that was actually really annoying) and a nail file.

If you're really worried, I'd just start making lists. You don't need to pack this far in advance, but I definitely think lists are a great way to help remember all your stuff.
  • Definitely a list, possibly typed up in Excel. When it comes time to pack the day before or whenever, just go down and check 'em off. And if you start writing a list now, you can just add to it as you remember stuff you need to bring. Easy!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Google Drive became my BFF. I liked having access to it on my phone at all times. I had lists within lists. 

• Do the lists and add to them as you go.  They start packing 2-3 days before so you have time to think it over, but so that you don't pack things you might need now.  Also, for things like toiletries, pack them in your travel kit, but leave them out in the bathroom and "live" out of it for a couple of days like you were at a hotel.  Easier to pack those last minute then

• Thanks ladies. I wasn't planning to pack clothes just yet. Just the stuff for the wedding such as the rings, cake topper, etc. The clothes and toiletries I can pack the day of no problem. But the wedding stuff is of high importance.
    I'll definitely make a list, google drive is my bff as well, and I have the app on my phone now.
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards