Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Treating your girls instead of vice versa (no bach party)

Tell me if I'm being crazy!

It's been really important to me to keep my wedding costs low. I am also trying to keep it low for my friends, especially many of us are in more than 1 upcoming wedding. I've literally not followed one normal wedding tradition so I figured why stop now. 

I'm not a party girl and I really wouldn't be ok with them spending a ton on a bachelorette party - which I know they will because it's been done for pretty much all of my friends. Instead of a bachelorette party, I'd really prefer host something FOR my girls... to thank them for everything and spend an evening with them before I'm hitched. I do not see this as planning my own bachelorette party because that's not what I would call it. If you were a bridesmaid, would you be upset with a bride who wanted this? 

PS. I'm thinking of this as a gift, in lieu of giving them a clutch or shoes or things like that which bridesmaids get as gifts. But also in place of a bach party because it will still be an evening we hang out... which is the point of a bach party right.

Re: Treating your girls instead of vice versa (no bach party)

• Sometimes brides have a "bridal luncheon" where they take the bridesmaids out to lunch for a thank you and spending some time together.  Sounds kind of similar to what you are thinking by hosting an event.  I think a bridal luncheon would be ok in lieu of gifts for the bridesmaids, but I don't think girls that are not in the wedding party are usually invited (I've never been to one so I don't know).

• Thanks, ladies. I feel much better now knowing that this sounds reasonble! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards