Luxury Weddings

When people comment on the price of your wedding...

124»

Re: When people comment on the price of your wedding...

• That's what you don't get ... No one is judging except you ... For whatever reason I'm not sure why you believe that's your place - but I digress. Trust and believe our parents are EXTREMELY vocal about their views and beliefs along with most of the remainder of our families. So if someone had a problem or opinion or view you can better believe that they would have shared it. Actually they have been very vocal already about the things that they don't agree with ... And the fact that 2 ceremonies are taking place has not been mentioned once as something that could be offensive or be a problem or come off negatively. Just to be clear, when the IDEA of getting married in Vegas came to mind we ran past our parents and friends looking for feedback. If anyone would have voiced any of the concerns you ladies are raising now, we would have reconsidered it. But everyone was just as excited as we were, and there only concern was how they could help celebrate one of the biggest moments in our lives. Secondly, if having our cake and eating it too means celebrating twice then yes that's exactly what we are doing and everyone that is directly involved or affected by it has no problem. The joy of having a wedding (or 2, or 5) is that you get to plan it however YOU want. Plan yours in a way that makes you happy, and know that we are doing the same. Again, thanks for the feedback.

Interesting, and good to know. Well I guess they are just going to have to keep on frowning because that's how me and the Mr. planned it. LOL. I guess I'll have to be content with being untraditional and thinking outside of the box and whatnot. But since we are having 2 ceremonies so close together I think we will not have any vow renewal ANY time soon. Maybe at the 20 year mark something.

Thanks for the feedback ladies!

This is just awful.  You're not being untraditional, you're just acting like a spoiled child.  

See, part of being an adult is making choices and living with those consequences.  You can't have your cake and eat it too.  If you want to get married in Vegas so you can tell everyone, "Hey, I got married in Vegas!" (which, BTW, is a pretty immature reason).....that's it!  You don't then get to have another ceremony/whatever with a bridal party, showers, registry, etc.  If you want everyone to celebrate the traditional formalities, don't get married in Vegas.  It's really quite simple.

People may know about both events, but that doesn't mean they're not talking about you behind your back.  What you're doing is rude and selfish.  If they are judging you, it's probably because you are planning two weddings, not because of your financial situation.

It actually sounds like YOU are the one acting spoiled, selfish, and definitely rude at this moment because I have a view and I'm making a choice that is different from yours ... That's unfortunate.
    @KnotPorscha - Another example of a flag being misused (my post bolded above).  This does not break one of TKs flagging rules.  Can you please remove when you get a chance?  Thanks!
  • @JoanE2012 Yes, I'll review as soon as I can. thanks!
  • KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Why would 2 ceremonies be frowned upon on TK? TK is all about tying the knot, no? I've never heard of that anywhere ... actually I've never heard the term PPD either.

The event in vegas will have no attendants, no bridal shower, nothing. Actually the only reason we are having anything in Vegas is because we planned to travel to Vegas for my birthday anyway, and since we are somewhat recently engaged, we decided to get married while we were there, just to be able to say "hey we got married in vegas." He isnt wearing a tux, I'm not wearing a gown, we are just getting married on a group trip to vegas that we are taking for my birthday.

Everyone knows that we will be getting married prior to the event in Maryland. The ceremony in Maryland is 7 months later, and will actually have the attendants, registry and bridal shower and formalities of an actual wedding followed by our Honeymoon, with vows etc etc.

Your guests/friends/family are unlikely to tell you that this is rude.

They'll probably talk about it behind your back...but they won't likely tell you to your face that it is rude.

That's why we're trying to tell you that this is rude.  It is "gift grabby" also.

If you get married in Vegas....PLEASE do not have the second "wedding" in Maryland.  You won't be a bride...you will be a wife.  You don't throw a bridal shower where you ask your guests to bring presents...you are already married.  You don't wear a "wedding dress" or have a "ceremony" because you've already been a bride and said vows to your husband.  And you don't have a registry where you list out what gifts you'd like from people when you are already MARRIED.

It isn't appropriate...it is tacky, it is rude.  It is disrespectful.

Have one huge party and serve the best food & drinks in town.  Hire a band and dance the night away.  Even have a special dance with your husband.

But don't have a "wedding".  Don't have any pre-wedding events like showers.  Don't wear a wedding dress.   Don't do the 'cake cutting'. etc.  You're already going to be a wife...

That's just trashy, gift grabby, "look at me I'm special" tacky behavior.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You know, it's really too bad that the one board where I actually felt safe on TK is now just the same as every other board. -.-

You know I am feeling the same way. :/
  • I really tried hard to get my point across without being out of line in any way. I think we'll always have some posters from time to time that may present some info that most of us do not agree with, and as part of giving advice, we should be able to tell them that what they are doing is not appropriate or is not advised. How each person tells them is up to that person giving the advice.

• akaneliakaneli member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2013
    @Jells Nicely put :)
  • You know, it's really too bad that the one board where I actually felt safe on TK is now just the same as every other board. -.-
    Safe from what? O.o

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker

Discussions about money tend to bring out the worst in people.  It's just a fact of life.

To lighten the mood around here I'll share my story which includes how I put my foot in my mouth.

As an older couple, DH & I planned the small wedding we could afford.  Upon sharing the plans with my parents, they took over because it wasn't the lavish 3 ring circus they wanted. When I initially protested about being too old for my parents to pay for my wedding my dad joked that he'd had many extra years to save plus with the miracle of compound interest it wasn't a problem.

Being frugal by nature, even armed with a hefty budget I searched for bargains, had the reception on a Sunday to cut costs etc.  As a result of very careful planning I brought my wedding in well under budget. I was very proud of myself for that.

Two years later a few days before my SIL's wedding, DH's famliy was talking about what a financial strain it was for all of them to chip in to pay for her wedding, even though her event was no where near a luxury wedding.  DH was somewhere else & I wasn't saying a word, even though we had pitched in for thhis sister's wedding.  In fact I was staring at my shoes, trying to figure out how I could escape from the discussion.  

DH's aunts who never liked me started making nasty comments about "spoiled princesses" and saying other derogatory things clearly aimed at me. After a few minutes of this when it was clear that they weren't going to voluntarily stop, I looked them in the eye & said, "I don't have to put up with these insults.  I worked really hard & brought my wedding in $11,000 under budget!" 

You could have heard a pin drop.  I realized my error.  I should have mentioned a % or left the numbers out all together. 

My sweet FIL comes over to me, puts his hands on my shoulders & says, "Do you realize [SIL's] wedding doesn't cost $11,000?"

I had the good grace to be embarrassed but I stood my ground & replied, "I have no idea how much her wedding costs becasue it's none of my business.  It is a great reflection on her & her FI { n.b. there were lots of wonderful personalized touches that made it unique & memorable} .  However, I'm not going to stand here & be insulted when I didn't do what I'm being acused of."

FIL agreed with me.

When I told that story to my dad he laughed & confessed that he held back on the budget he gave me because he assumed I'd go nuts with the planning.  About the only things I would have done differently was had the wedding on a Saturday,  offered prime rib as a dinner choice, stressed less over the price of my gown & gotten a cake other than the one that came with the package.

My point is, money will make you crazy if you let it.

• edited July 2013
    @dalm- you are SO right. I have had a similar experience to yours with my ex ILs and it was maddening. I didn't mean to cause a scene or make anyone feel bad, but my life circumstances just differed from theirs. I think that is why some of us migrated over here in the first place. There are a ton of brides stressing on meeting a budget figure and trying to getting everything they would like to have for their wedding, so some brides with larger budgets wanted a place to come and chat. Not every budget bride is "hurt" and causing drama, but some people just have envy issues. Look what's happened, though- money and the alleged flaunting of money has caused so much drama and possibly envy on here. Everyone has a different view of money, its importance in life, and how one should spend or save it. There is no one right or wrong way to deal with money and it has to be based on the individual. As I said in another post, these boards are full of people who are all going about it differently- some don't have the money to spend, but are spending it anyway. Some have generous budgets (or no budget) and are keeping things simple. We were all getting a long and having fun and then got too comfortable sharing our opinions and, in several instances, people have taken things the wrong way or things just flat out came out sounding bad. All of us on here are "wealthy" in the respect that we have the opportunity to have a wedding and to be able to share it with family and friends, regardless of size of rings, cost of wedding, or financial situations. It's funny because we're all just screennames and who is to say that what we portray on here is even true? LOL

• I officially nominate @Jells2dot0 for peacekeeper of the Luxury Weddings board. :)
  • LMAO. I'm guilty of oversharing my opinions as well. Just trying to make this a fun place again :)

• KatWAG said:

Well I meant we wont be having any "additional" vow renewals after the event in May. I will no longer call it a 2nd wedding, I'll call it ceremony for the TK's sake. :)
    That really doesnt make it any better. 1 wedding is plenty. I consider it very AW to do 2 ceremonies.

I find this argument (not singling you out - this argument in general) to be overly judgemental and in attempts to be "proper", it makes a lot of people come across as rude, while they are claiming to do the right thing.

Everyone's situation is different and I feel that it is premature to judge without all the facts and circumstances.

Not every bride with two weddings does it for a PPD.

My fiancé and I have our event planned for August 3rd in Chicago. We had the venue booked, save the dates mailed, my dress ordered, etc. Everything done. Due to a restructuring at my fiance's work, his position was eliminated and he was laid off. He is Canadian and was not allowed to stay in the country and find a new job (without a work visa) without being married. Therefore, we had to get married asap - we planned the quick ceremony in a week.

All of our friends and family know that we had to make this tough decision in order to keep him in the country.

On August 3rd, we will essentially be having a vow renewal. We will not pretend it's our wedding. But - I will wear my dress. It was still being made when we got married. We will symbolically exchange rings. Do the unity candle, etc. We are doing this because it is important to our guests to see and they couldn't be there in a week's notice. And it is important to us to share this with them. No one is pretending for a second that it is a wedding. But it is the chance to get to share some traditions with friends and family. It will mean a lot to us and to them. We are hosting the event ourselves and look forward to providing our guests with a nice time so they can celebrate with us in person.

I feel like you can never really truly understand why someone chooses to do something ( such as have a "second wedding") until you have been in their shoes. Why be such a harsh judge and critic? I just don't see how that benefits anyone.

Anyway, I just wanted to provide my two cents.

• Well I meant we wont be having any "additional" vow renewals after the event in May. I will no longer call it a 2nd wedding, I'll call it ceremony for the TK's sake. :)

That really doesnt make it any better. 1 wedding is plenty. I consider it very AW to do 2 ceremonies.
    I find this argument (not singling you out - this argument in general) to be overly judgemental and in attempts to be "proper", it makes a lot of people come across as rude, while they are claiming to do the right thing. Everyone's situation is different and I feel that it is premature to judge without all the facts and circumstances. Not every bride with two weddings does it for a PPD. My fiancé and I have our event planned for August 3rd in Chicago. We had the venue booked, save the dates mailed, my dress ordered, etc. Everything done. Due to a restructuring at my fiance's work, his position was eliminated and he was laid off. He is Canadian and was not allowed to stay in the country and find a new job (without a work visa) without being married. Therefore, we had to get married asap - we planned the quick ceremony in a week. All of our friends and family know that we had to make this tough decision in order to keep him in the country. On August 3rd, we will essentially be having a vow renewal. We will not pretend it's our wedding. But - I will wear my dress. It was still being made when we got married. We will symbolically exchange rings. Do the unity candle, etc. We are doing this because it is important to our guests to see and they couldn't be there in a week's notice. And it is important to us to share this with them. No one is pretending for a second that it is a wedding. But it is the chance to get to share some traditions with friends and family. It will mean a lot to us and to them. We are hosting the event ourselves and look forward to providing our guests with a nice time so they can celebrate with us in person. I feel like you can never really truly understand why someone chooses to do something ( such as have a "second wedding") until you have been in their shoes. Why be such a harsh judge and critic? I just don't see how that benefits anyone. Anyway, I just wanted to provide my two cents.
    @January- in your situation, I think it makes sense to do what you did. An unforseen circumstance led you to have to change your plans and what is key is that you were already planning the traditional wedding first. A lot of girls on here had simple ceremonies and then decided after the fact that they needed something more, so they started planning a bigger, "better" day. The OP who you quoted is having the two ceremonies because she wanted to do something "fun" in additional to something formal. At least from the details she shared with us, she was actually planning both at the same time, never meant to have just one wedding, and still having all of the wedding-like activities for her second (shower, bachelorette, registry, full up ceremony, etc.) In your case, you probably had a registry set up and someone had plans for a shower for your formal wedding and then you got thrown a wrench. As you said, two ceremonies seems strange and that is why some of us jumped all over it.

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Thanks Jells. @January, if you had read the entire conversation with Swatt, you would know that she is having a Vegas wedding first for fun and then one in her hometown that she wants to be formal.

So, yes I do think that it is AW-ish to have a re-do wedding and re-enact a ceremony from a few weeks before. She will be a wife and not a bride.

I think your situation is different. From what I can tell, you planned a ceremony/ reception with friends and family. And then life happened. I think you need to modify your plans to fit your current situation; you are a wife now. That means no bach party or bridal showers. I would also change your ceremony to a vow renewal seeing as you already said your vows. You made a choice to get married for a visa, nothing wrong with that. It was an adult decision, and with that comes conquesences.

Next time, I would read around a bit more before call people judgmental and rude.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I like parties & weddings in particular.  If somebody wants to have 2  that's yup them; I'm still only giving them 1 gift.  lol
  • Ditto everything @KatWAG said re: 2 ceremonies

Back to the original topic.  Talking about money is so gauche, both discussing how much/little you have and judging the way that other people spend theirs.  When people start talking about personal finances (wedding related or not), I try to change the topic as soon as possible unless they are asking for financial advice.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • KatWAG said:

Thanks Jells. @Januar, if you had read the entire conversation with Swatt, you would know that she is having a Vegas wedding first for fun and then one in her hometown that she wants to be formal.

So, yes I do think that it is AW-ish to have a re-do wedding and re-enact a ceremony from a few weeks before. She will be a wife and not a bride.

I think your situation is different. From what I can tell, you planned a ceremony/ reception with friends and family. And then life happened. I think you need to modify your plans to fit your current situation; you are a wife now. That means no bach party or bridal showers. I would also change your ceremony to a vow renewal seeing as you already said your vows. You made a choice to get married for a visa, nothing wrong with that. It was an adult decision, and with that comes conquesences.

Next time, I would read around a bit more before call people judgmental and rude.

Kat, my apologies. I did read the thread and that's why I felt the need to comment. I must have misunderstood, but I purposely made a point to say I wasn't intentionally singling anyone out. I just feel that we do tend to jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts. Anyway, it was just my opinion and again, I truly apologize if it looked like I was singling anyone out.

I actually did have a Bach party last weekend, because again it was already planned in advance. I wore my wedding ring and all my girls and I had a fun night hanging out as girls. I didn't feel strange in the slightest because no one was trying to pretend anything was as it wasn't. We actually had two showers after our March wedding as well. It was all planned in advance. Our friends actually felt bad for us and gave us a very special dual frame so we could have photos from both occasions.

Anyway, I am starting a debate and that wasn't my intention. As I said, I would prefer to avoid that and I apologize. Thanks for your insight, ladies. I have definitely gone back and forth a million times and felt super guilty about our situation as well. At the end of the day, I feel fortunate to be married to the person I love. Thanks for hearing me out.

• And yes, our August ceremony will be a vow renewal. Our pastor prefers this and we agree.
  • edited July 2013
    I just wanted to say as far as the two ceremonies thing goes, I recently had friend that did the same thing. They had a traditional Hindu wedding on an ashram in NY, where they legally became husband and wife. It was mostly just a couple friends, and no family. They then had a huge wedding in Austin a month or so later with a full ceremony, registry, reception, etc. Where the whole family and all their friends showed up. We attended both and honestly I don't think a single person at that wedding had a problem with it. Both weddings were beautiful and we had a wonderful time. It's really not that taboo of an idea.

Edit: Also wanted to add that I'm so happy I found this board as well here on TK. My fiancé and I are both in our early 20s, and our venue choice has raised some seriously questioning brows from my side of the family. My fiance's family is considerably better off financially than my own, and my fiancé and I have handled our own finances well enough that we have to ability to have a "luxury" wedding. It's really difficult sometimes to talk to my own family about plans for the wedding and they're constantly trying to talk us into cutting major costs in places we are simply not interested in compromising on. It can get really frustrating sometimes since my Fiancé and I are covering the entire cost of the wedding without our families help. Ha, just the other week when I informed my grandma (she is not elderly and frail by any means by the by) of the venue (which is in northern MI, a 3 1/2 hour drive from her), she actually said to me "We'll cant you have it a little closer?" I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA LOL. We are already paying for their hotel rooms for the entire weekend and just bending over backwards to accommodate them but we just can't seem to please them unless we have a casual wedding in their backyard!
  • I'm glad to find to have found this thread. I never realized how weddings could just bring out the bad side in people. My fiance and I are in the position to have a lower end luxury wedding that most of our friends could not afford. While we are spending a bit of money, I am also taking advantage of any deals I can to get more for my buck so it will seem as though we may have spent even more money. I have been hearing things left and right. From friends and from some family. I don't understand how it is anyone's business especially when we are not going into debt over it. We are in our late 20's and happen to be in a better place than most of our friends. But we don;t rub it in anyone's faces and and realize that some people just want to justify their own insecurities. It's not a great thing to experience but at the end of the day it's your day. It's about you and your fiance and what makes you guys happy. If you can afford it, go for it. It should be the best day of your life after all..
  • I honestly have to say I never thought I would need to comment on this thread but it happened to me this weekend and I'm pretty shocked!

Anyone that knows me knows that I'm pretty frugal by nature and on top of that we are only inviting 25 people to our wedding. Yes, the venue and experience our guests will have makes it "luxury" by definition but when you are only hosting a small amt of people it's pretty amazing what you can do without having to "sacrifice" or really feel like you've taken a huge hit financially. (And yes, I know it's all relative in terms of sacrifice or the perception of finances)

That being said, I was out to dinner with a close friend and her mother this weekend and the mom was asking about the wedding. When I told her our intended plans she said "Oh my gosh...you HAVE to tell me what that is costing you" REALLY?!?!?! 

I'm not having my wedding at this place so that people will assume I'm spending my life savings! And I don't want to give that impression! So I back pedaled into the "It's really not what you would think...we're only having 20 or so people...etc etc" It's a primary reason when people ask about my wedding plans I have been specifically vague b/c I don't want to have to answer to that kind of assumption or have people think "well if she's going to spend that kind of $$ why isn't she having it here and inviting me?" The truth is, we NEVER wanted anything big---it's not who we are as a couple. We are fortunate to be able to host what I hope will be a very nice event but that's really the extent of it!

Thanks for letting me vent :)
  • @mmm- Sorry to hear you were put into that position. It really stinks because people make assumptions that are usually not true. I know there are brides out that that purposely plan fancy weddings to impress people or to make them seem like royalty for a day. However, most of the time, that is just not true. I planned my weddings to my taste and to my budget. If I had my way, I probably wouldn't have even had a big traditional wedding the first time. It was mostly my family's wishes. But, I tried to make the best of the situation and have some aspects be a reflection of me. Yeah, maybe they were considered higher end, but it just turned out that way and not necessarily on purpose. The funny thing is, and I've said this before, is that I'm SUPER casual and laid back. So,if someone thinks I'm being showy, I find that funny. I fly under the drama radar. LOL It sounds like you are the same way, so I can totally relate.

• "fly under the drama radar"---I love it!! And yes, I feel exactly the same way :) We're doing what we're doing b/c it's "us" not because we're trying to elicit a reaction.
  • I s'pose people are funny that way. My dad once told me people are like crabs in a bucket. If one tries to climb out, the others pull him back down. Guess it's maybe envy, them trying to pull you back down to where they are. They ought to rejoice and be happy for you that you can do this and are free to do this. Geez do they think life would be better if all we could afford were no frills? Bet they have stuff they splurge on.

Anyhow, how to get them off topic? Just change the topic. Oh!!! That reminds me, have you read "Lean In", by Sheryl Sandberg? She's on the NY Times best sellers list. See? That's how you change the topic :)
  • I have to admit that I'm guilty of having asked a couple of my close friends how much they spent on their wedding/house. I do tell them that they don't have to say if they don't want to. The reason is because I liked the wedding/house, and wanted to know if it was even something that I could consider doing for myself. I didn't want to spend time doing meeting with vendors/agents if it was totally out of my price range to begin with. I suppose each situation is different, but my point is that sometimes people ask without trying to be deliberately rude. If you don't want to tell them, then just reply that you'd rather not say.
  • I have to admit that I'm guilty of having asked a couple of my close friends how much they spent on their wedding/house. I do tell them that they don't have to say if they don't want to. The reason is because I liked the wedding/house, and wanted to know if it was even something that I could consider doing for myself. I didn't want to spend time doing meeting with vendors/agents if it was totally out of my price range to begin with. I suppose each situation is different, but my point is that sometimes people ask without trying to be deliberately rude. If you don't want to tell them, then just reply that you'd rather not say.

I think you need to stop asking. Just because you are curious, doesnt make it okay. It is still rude and you are putting people in a very uncomfortable position.

If you need to know how much a vendor costs, do reserach online or call the vendor.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:
    I have to admit that I'm guilty of having asked a couple of my close friends how much they spent on their wedding/house. I do tell them that they don't have to say if they don't want to. The reason is because I liked the wedding/house, and wanted to know if it was even something that I could consider doing for myself. I didn't want to spend time doing meeting with vendors/agents if it was totally out of my price range to begin with. I suppose each situation is different, but my point is that sometimes people ask without trying to be deliberately rude. If you don't want to tell them, then just reply that you'd rather not say.

I think you need to stop asking. Just because you are curious, doesnt make it okay. It is still rude and you are putting people in a very uncomfortable position.

If you need to know how much a vendor costs, do reserach online or call the vendor.

Seconded.  Qualifying something with "you don't have to say if you're not comfortable" doesn't actually make people less uncomfortable.  I personally hate this even more than people just straight up asking prying questions.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • edited October 2013

Hi everyone, I'm glad I came across this board, and this thread. We're planning our wedding for next year (first for me, 2nd for FI) and I've been taken aback by many of the situations described here.  We are in our early 40's, well established in our careers and have no debt other than our mortgage.  Those who know me know that I almost never pay retail and go out of my way to stretch my disposable income as far as I can.  Yet, most coversations about our plans are met with varying levels of attitude.  FI's family chooses to live simply and although they do a pretty good job of keeping their comments positive, I know they are gobsmacked that we are hosting the type of wedding that we're planning (which is a bit more on the high end of the spectrum but not crazy.  It just seems that way to people who feel renting the local hall with a cake from the supermarket is the norm).  I think the worst part for me is that I am really enjoying the planning process and regret that I have to edit myself when talking to friends or family members.  Guess I'll be coming here more often to chat :)

• I love this board, and have been following it for the most part for the last few months (since I got engaged in July) and it's nice to have other brides who are having weddings more "on par" than on some of the other boards. I like reading those ones also, but sometimes when there's a thread that is talking about how everyone is having at reception at $25/person - alcohol included, my brain is thinking, "Sweetheart, up here, I can't even get an hour of open bar for that price!" 

I think I've been pretty lucky that no one has said anything to me or asked about my budget for the most part. My FI's best friend got married last month, and the groom asked one night when the 4 of us were out to dinner. I can't remember how my FI answered, but I remember thinking that their wedding wasn't comparable to what we're planning. NOT saying that my wedding is better; they're just completely different styles: their daytime wedding was set at a beautiful inn up in New Hampshire, with about 30 people, and the reception was held in this beautifully decorated barn. Very warm, inviting, truly an awesome wedding; our wedding, we're planning on about 220 people in Newport, RI on a Saturday evening.

I did get offended/pissed at one of my FI's cousins (he can't stand her and her family, actually, but since her mom is his mother's sister, they 'have' to be invited) who I saw this past weekend at another of FI's cousin's bridal showers. Our save the dates had gone out the week before, so "Cousin" brought it up and said that she had googled the venue, and then went on about how she would never spend all that money on a wedding and instead would take her entire family on a luxury cruise around the world, etc, etc, etc - but her judgement was all based on how much she *thought* the venue cost. That's what annoyed me the most - she has no idea how much (or little) we're spending, she's just assuming it's "too much" based on what the venue looks like. Luckily that's just when the groom made his appearance so she got distracted and the conversation ended.

Oh well, anyways, I thought I'd say an official "Hi" since I've been lurking for quite some time! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just wanted to say welcome to off the market and Casey!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards