Michigan-Detroit

Budget-friendly Florist recommendations

I'm on a budget and flowers are an area where I don't really want to splurge-- any metro-Detroit brides have some affordable florist suggestions? I really don't want to spend any more than $600-$700-- is that unheard of? Should I brace myself to pay more than that? My wedding isn't until May of next year, but I'd like to make a decision soon so I can make payments over the next year. Thanks for any help! xox

Re: Budget-friendly Florist recommendations

• I think your budget depends on how many bouquets/bouts you need, if you're doing floral table centerpieces, and how many tables you'd need flowers for. Also, if you need any flowers for the church.

I spent about $1,300 and that included my bouquet, 6 BM bouquets, 10 bouts, a couple small bouquets for the mothers, and maybe 16 or 17 table centerpieces (I had 2 different floral styles for centerpieces, one was smaller than the other and thus cheaper).

If you'll need floral centerpieces, you can try Michele Nonis, who was my florist. She was great, and I think she's competitively priced b/c she works out of her home and buys flowers wholesale. But, she doesn't do bouquet-only weddings.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Do you have a Costco membership? If so, go to your local Costco and ask for the phone number of the florist at the customer service desk. They have independent florists that supply the floral bouquets for the kiosks at the stores.

When we married back in August 2011 I had already spoken with the florist for our local store in Roseville. I ordered flowers from her directly and picked them up 3 days before the wedding, in buckets, and let them sit in my basement to open. I made my own centerpieces with 96 long stemmed white vendella roses, 80 stems of white Asiatic lillies, and 2 large bunches of baby's breath. All of that cost $173.

I ordered my bouts, bouquets and corsages online from Costco.com. The 20 piece white rose wedding package was $399. That included 6 bouts, 6 corsages, my bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, a centerpiece and a toss bouquet. If you check their website you can see other colors of roses and other flower choices. The flowers arrived 3 days before the wedding, I kept the bouquets in individual vases, the bouts and corsages in the fridge, and they lasted for 2 weeks AFTER the wedding.

I don't have a Sams Club membership, but understand they have comparable items for comparable prices. I don't know if they allow you to deal directly with their store florist though.

• look into grand jour events... reasonable prices
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I also used Tammara at Grand Jour Events (she was also my event coordinator). For under ~$450 we got bridal bouquet, 5 BM, 12 bouts and 2 corsages. 

One of my friends used 
    H B Originals
    Harry Behnke
    23940 Fox Hollow Run
    New Boston MI 

Another got flowers through Sam's Club, though my local Sam's Club said they did not do custom floral, so your mileage may vary there.

-J
  • Thank you so much, everyone! I've actually been emailing Tammara and she's great! I appreciate all the help. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards