Getting in Shape

I'm a newbie!

Hi Ladies. I've been lurking around the boards for awhile but I just stumbled on to GIS last night. It certainly seems like a place I belong.

My FI and I decided at the beginning of the year we were going to work on our health and fitness. It took a few months but in early March it seemed to click for us and we've been going pretty strong ever since. We just started stage three of NROL4W (yeah the FI is doing it too) and we've been using the C25K program. We've also been eating at home, packing lunches, and cutting out processed foods. My goal is that we stick with this and make it a life long goal of health and fitness. I've been on a roller coaster ride of losing and gaining 50+ lbs about three times over the last 7ish years. This time I want to be healthy for good. 

I look forward to being motivated and providing motivation for some of the rest of you!

Re: I'm a newbie!

• Welcome! Things are slow here today. There is a boycott now to protest the never-ending changes and lack of response from the KGs over issues. Things will pick up here again tomorrow.

Sounds like you're on the right track!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome!
    It sounds like you're on the right track and have a good plan.  Check out the accountability threads to help you as well, they are very supportive on good or bad days!  Keep up the good work, and hope to see you around :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Welcome! You've come to the right board. Check out the accountability threads - they're the best motivator for me.
  • @kwitherington I did the first stage three workout on Tuesday, I am still sore today. I am really trying to push myself to use the heaviest weight possible, I know sometimes I can wimp out but with only 6 reps in a set I want to do as much as I can. I find the overhead dumbbell squat to be a challenge but most of the rest of the stuff I'm comfortable with. I used to work with a personal trainer so I'm pretty knowledgable about the exercises but that overhead dumbbell squat was a new one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards